Now that we've got the dough, what should we get hamster?

Now that we've got the dough, what should we get hamster?

• Tee shirts and chocolates

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mini Z remote control car

• Brake clock

• Total voters
how about orange then, it was the colour of his zonda in Paris.

Nogger said:
I can't agree on the pink though, it'll prevent him from actually using it...
I got it!!!!

The color of Richard's charger is called Sublime. Why not do the helmet in a black/ green color scheme?

Colorcodes from manufacturers aren't very hard to come by.

A sublime and black helmet would be brilliant!

I personally hate really shiny colors... He does ride a motorcycle, so he oughtta have a bunch of helmets. I suggest a base red, "HAMMOND" on one side in white, outlined in black, "HAMSTER" on the other, and then a hamster with shiny teeth on top.

PieceOfTat said:
Nogger said:
I got it!!!!

The color of Richard's charger is called Sublime. Why not do the helmet in a black/ green color scheme?

SubLime Green is a great color.

road70.jpg

39064.jpg

70charger3.jpg

After reading the Clarkson article this morning, I'd like to suggest we just give the family the cash directly.

It says they just took out a new mortgage on the hosue. With the future of the show in question that's probably stressful. Not that our little collection will solve that, but it would be nice to help the family more directly than a charity donation or flowers & chocolate.

There will likely be some expenses related to the crash that the family will have to pay out of pocket. At the very least things like a babysitter while the Mrs. visits the hospital, etc...

Should think so. Besides, giving money just seem so charity-ish and doesn't really say "We love you, Hammond!" like a thoughtful gift does.

Nogger said:
Isn't Hammond a quite wealthy young man by now?

Wealthy people don't need mortgages.

Since he has a mortgage he is by definition in debt and therefore not wealthy.

The BBC doesn't pay like hollywood does. You know how they tease him about doing all those grocery store openings and whatnot. I doubt he does those for fun.

He owns several cars, including a 911 Carrera S, so i doubt he is in financial problems. Anyway, he has a exclusive contract with BBC so even if he isn't in any program he gets paid.

Helmet for Hamster, and something for the kinds it is!!!

Regards
Martin
Denmark

Definetly the helmet, but we need to add something for the family. The helmet is for sure something he would never forget ;)

Viper007Bond said:
Nogger said:
I strongly suggest we give him a helmet with a decent paintjob + a T-shirt saying "I rolled a rocket car at 300 mph and all I got was this lousy t-shirt".
I personally like those ideas.

And we should probably hurry and get this done. We don't want it to take a month to finally get him something. ;)

Sounds good! :)

British_Rover said:
PieceOfTat said:
Nogger said:
I got it!!!!

SubLime Green is a great color.

road70.jpg

I thought he sold the charger?

definitely the helmet i think its a great idea and is a great personal touch!, fill it with some toy hamsters and chocolates for the kids!

BerzerkerCatSplats doing the design? We gunna see it before it gets put on?

And are we stil sending the card with our messages on it?

wooflepoof said:

There's nothing saying that other people can't make designs of their own, I just mentioned that I'm working on one tonight. Mine is in no way the "official" design.

bbc.co.uk/topgear/ said:
I utterly love the idea of a Bouquet of pistons, I think it's hilarious. Not sure how practical that is as a gift to keep. Although I reckon Richard would love it. (don't that that as official though, you guys should make up your own minds!)

Y'know, I've got a bunch of spare pistons in my garage that I could make a boquet out of... 8)

cookting said:
Nogger said:
Isn't Hammond a quite wealthy young man by now?

Wealthy people don't need mortgages.

Since he has a mortgage he is by definition in debt and therefore not wealthy.

The BBC doesn't pay like hollywood does. You know how they tease him about doing all those grocery store openings and whatnot. I doubt he does those for fun.

Mortgages in general have tax benefits so many wealthy people get them for just that reason.

I say get the helmet.

BerserkerCatSplat said:
wooflepoof said:

There's nothing saying that other people can't make designs of their own, I just mentioned that I'm working on one tonight. Mine is in no way the "official" design.

Oh i was just wondering :)

I'm still thinking helmet as well. The custom paint job means its a personal message, and the item itself is a proper top gear style jibe about the event in question. $1100 is a pittance in the face of a mortgage, so I believe the concept of "its the thought that counts" should prevail here.

Although I'm surprised that Clarkson made that comment. Considering he was injured on the BBC's clock, I'd figure that they'd be helping cover a considerable amount, if not the entirety of Hammond's hospital expenses.

"Due to the unique way in which the BBC is funded..."