Now that we've got the dough, what should we get hamster?

Now that we've got the dough, what should we get hamster?

• Tee shirts and chocolates

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mini Z remote control car

• Brake clock

• Total voters
Burnie said:
Been quite busy the last couple of weeks.

But I just went ahead and ordered a T-shirt - almost identical to the one I presented a while ago.

And today it arrived here in Norway. (Would take two-three days to get it to the UK, I guess)

http://burnie.sh/img_0143B.jpg
http://burnie.sh/img_0144B.jpg

BTW: I didn't get any response to my mail (to the BBC team) about the helmet size...
Haha, cool. :)

wooflepoof said:
so shirt and a helmet then? should we get started?
Not unless there's any objections to either logo (black/white one on helmet, Zonda on a shirt).

Received a couple of responses from the British helmet painter guys - one quote for GBP220, another guy didn't give a quote, but did offer the following on the use of vinyls:

If you can apply the vinyls to the curved surface without creasing, this would
be, by far, the cheapest option.

However, if you want a glossy flat finish to your lid, then the more expensive
method of airbrushing it and then covering the design in 8 - 10 coats of
lacquer is the best option.

It is possible to have the vynyls lacquered over, but in most cases, this is
just as expensive as having the entire design airbrushed and then lacquered as
the same preparation is needed, i.e. flatting, masking, unmasking, polishing,
etc.

I'm thinking airbrushing is still by far the best option - it will give a much nicer finish (provided it can fit in the budget)

wooflepoof said:
so shirt and a helmet then? should we get started?

Absolutely, let's get this baby moving.

It can fit the budget and I have huge ass PSD versions of each image if you need them.

i think this is going to be great :D

i think we should stay with airbrush (why not?) to get the best result. can't wait to see this :thumbsup:

Let me clarify: we have US$1400, so you guys figure out what we have enough for. ;)

matt2000 said:
i think this is going to be great :D

i think we should stay with airbrush (why not?)

I agree.

But I think we are just being dull **ckheads here. :)
As far as I can read - we haven't actually decided which design goes where.

Personally, I'd prefer
- symmetrical design on the helmet
- the zonda hamster on the helmet (the new one in airbrushing would make an excellent impression)

If we continue this project in our (**ckheads!) current speed, I guess it would make a nice christmas present for Hamster. - In 2007 :D

We decided the b/w image on either side of the helmet (keep it nice and clean) and the Zonda on a shirt. ;)

Hmmm.
But I tend to object - just to be a **ckface. :)

- anyone could make a T-shirt with an image printed on.
- the new zonda hamster would be just magnific in arbrushing

Besides, do we have his helmet size? It'd be a shame to give him a helmet he never could wear...

And before we have the helmet (/size) - I would like to hear some more opinions on the matter of design...

You can swear here -- we don't mind. ;)

Personally, I dunno if he'd want to wear a helmet with a cartoon on it. *shrugs*

And you're right, we should hold off actually until we get a size. No sense in spending a lotta money on something that won't fit.

i did think that the hamster zonda would look best on the helmet, but decided to keep my mouth shut before someone does it for me.

ok i'll say it. i think the new design is boring, it's just a shape. the old design with the zonda had alot more to it, and it looks like we've thought about it more. to be honest, i can't imagine him wearing a T-shirt with that design on, but i can imaging him wearing the helmet with it on.

ok this might also be a bit of a stab in the dark, but i found these helmets on eBay. the discriptio shows hammond wearing one that looks very similar. the stie states that the sizes are 56cm-60cm. don't know if this is any help
clicky

Mmm, a black T-shirt with that simple logo would look good on it...

I'll leave it up to you guys as to what to put on the helmet.

The quotes I received from the helmet painters were about the same regardless of design, so price isn't likely to be a big factor here.

I too still love the Zonda design... in fact screw it, I'm setting up a poll on this. Maybe let it run for 48 - 72 hours and then it's final, we need to get moving on this.

Edit: Vote here

i was thinking the same thing about a poll. would make sure it is settled :thumbsup:

Viper007Bond said:
Mmm, a black T-shirt with that simple logo would look good on it...
Ahhh. That'd be really cool.

Another issue - are there any plans for the "greeting card"?
I could write some code for phpBB to get a nice printable version of the thread...
(or perhaps phpBB already have this function?)

What say we have a pool that lasts a week or so to which design goes where and THEN get started?

EDIT oh, been done :)