Now this is just crossing the line...

WOW!

the club suite is amazing, and I just LOVE the architecture of the hotel, too bad it's in this country, I mean.. It's not in a place where there are tons of interesting things to visit..

At least they now have an F1 track...

Renesis said:
WOW!

the club suite is amazing, and I just LOVE the architecture of the hotel, too bad it's in this country, I mean.. It's not in a place where there are tons of interesting things to visit..

Well there is quite a bit to do there if you are going for a short holiday. For one, the beaches are absolutely beautiful. Then ofcourse there is my favourite pastime - Dune Bashing! I am telling you, everyone should do this atleast once in their lifetime. The thrill of driving at 45kmph on 150ft dunes is really something.

As someone mentioned they do have an FIA certified track now. So hopefully they will open that up to the public soon! (waiting in anticipation!) Furthermore, there is shopping, cultural attractions, etc etc that really make it worth it.

Check out this website and you should get some idea: http://www.mydsf.ae/

Ultra_Kool_Dude, we welcome you with open arms. :wink:

justin syder said:
Ultra_Kool_Dude, we welcome you with open arms. :wink:

I'm voting for Hilary! :lol:

It's not like I don't love Canada. Summer on the St Lawrence, winter in Texas, and stints in Europe sounds good to me. :p

sledgehammer said:
Renesis said:
WOW!

Well there is quite a bit to do there if you are going for a short holiday. For one, the beaches are absolutely beautiful. Then ofcourse there is my favourite pastime - Dune Bashing! I am telling you, everyone should do this atleast once in their lifetime. The thrill of driving at 45kmph on 150ft dunes is really something.

As someone mentioned they do have an FIA certified track now. So hopefully they will open that up to the public soon! (waiting in anticipation!) Furthermore, there is shopping, cultural attractions, etc etc that really make it worth it.

Check out this website and you should get some idea: http://www.mydsf.ae/

doesn't sound like a very safe place though... lots of rich ass people = lots of carjacking, theifs, and stuff :?

doesn't sound like a very safe place though... lots of rich ass people = lots of carjacking, theifs, and stuff

I have stayed there 20 years and I have never heard of anyone ever being car jacked. You will be amazed how how safe it is over there. I have personally seen cars like BMWs and Mercs parked and not locked and nobody does anything. My dad works for a MErcedes Benz dealership over there and there have been numerous times where the workshop personnel have diamond watches and large amounts of cash in the cars that come in for servicing. I am sure you will agree that such things would not be possible if ppl thought it is not safe to keep it in the car.

The same goes for saftety at home. Crime is fairly non-existant. That is not to say that it does not happen. You will still hear of theft and fraud but I have heard way worse hear in the US.

The thing is there are not any poor ppl per se. This is because all the local people who are UAE citizens are decently well off and if you are from another country you can only be there if you have a job because you need a visa.

Ah well nice then. I thought this was the palce where people had flame throwers under their cars to burn car jackers.. but I was wrong, it's south africa.

But saying it's safer than USA well, that's not a big proof :lol: :wink: