• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

NTSC?! PAL?! AUTO?! WTF?!

jasonchiu

Forum Addict
hey guys i am really really trying to avoid WAREZ shit coz i dont want my ass kicked.

my question is , will a PAL (USA GAME) work ona NTSC (J) ps2?

my gut feeling is no, BUT!, for some reason i got jucied working on my NTSC (chip'd) PS2, but has never worked again :S:S:S i am so confused please help!

I tried it the other way around, NTSC og a PAL ps, and it worked but there were no colour, only grayscale.

The US uses NTSC, PAL is for European countries. To answer your question, no, PAL won't work on an NTSC player. You said you chip'd your PS2 so I don't know if that mod add that capability or not.

ok thanks for your answers, i will wait for someone that knows for sure, then if u guys are right i will have to dig though the net for a NTSC version of juiced. :oops: :x

PAL is short for phase-alternating line, phase alternation by line or for phase alternation line, is a colour encoding used in broadcast television systems, used throughout the world except in most of the Americas, some East Asian countries (which use NTSC), parts of the Middle East and Eastern Europe, and France (which use SECAM, though most of them are in the process of adopting PAL). PAL was developed in Germany by Walter Bruch, working at Telefunken, and first introduced in 1967.

NTSC is the analog television system in use in the United States and many other countries, including most of the Americas and some parts of East Asia. It is named for the National Television System(s) Committee, the industry-wide standardization body that created it.

(No I didn't know all that, I looked at Wikipedia)

Chipped PS2's never last, that could be your problem.

mgkdk said:
PAL is short for phase-alternating line, phase alternation by line or for phase alternation line, is a colour encoding used in broadcast television systems, used throughout the world except in most of the Americas, some East Asian countries (which use NTSC), parts of the Middle East and Eastern Europe, and France (which use SECAM, though most of them are in the process of adopting PAL). PAL was developed in Germany by Walter Bruch, working at Telefunken, and first introduced in 1967.

NTSC is the analog television system in use in the United States and many other countries, including most of the Americas and some parts of East Asia. It is named for the National Television System(s) Committee, the industry-wide standardization body that created it.

(No I didn't know all that, I looked at Wikipedia)

for a second there, I thought the lady knew more than the guys on this tech stuff :lol:

Mine works no problems the other way around.

My modded PAL PS2 can play NTSC games no problem. The lasers in the PS2 are pretty crap though and if you don't use good media they tend to take a few go's to get them to read and load the disc, also lay the unit horizontal NOT VERTICAL, it seems to work better.

o thanks guy half the damm reply;s have nothing to do with my question :bangin:

ok from jneil looks like the possibilities of it ment to play is high.

the situatiion is this,

i have actually been able to play the game once on my ps2 until it froze, so does this mean that i fluked it? or its ment to play but maybe i burn it wrong?

can you re-burn it to another disc? DVD to DVD copy should work fine IF the PC can actually read it properly. Maybe use a DVD-RW. I had this issue with a game recently, it worked 1 in 10 trys, so i reburnt it to different media and now it works no dramas.

well its a ps2 game and i burn it at 2x and everything. it worked ONCE and never again, loading was slow as well.

i recon i;m burning it wrong or something coz if it chip'd it, it should play all type, PAL and NTSC

quality of the DVD your burning to is highly important. a friend of mine had the same problem, and found out that only philips DVDs are good enough, all the others fail

but now his reader gave up completely, and he has to work with a hd (which is realy cool...and easy...and fast...and cheap... why bother writing do DVD anyway, just buy a hd :) )

yeah i know, problem is i have a slim one and i donno how to connect the HD to the PS2

guys, whats the verdict, it loaded once, but took ages to move from loading to loading?

do u recon my ps2 can play pal or not? i think its got a infinti chip, says on the load screen

DAHHH i want to play juiced!