Nuerburgring meet August 30th

A reminder of the dangers of motorracing. My thoughts go to the families and all those affected.

Actually, talking to a few people at Nurburg Motorsport before I left, two bikers died on the Saturday and the female biker on the Sunday...

Though not the chap in that picture, we were stood right in front of him when that happened - he was conscious when the helicopter took him, and the M3 driver who lost coolant (due to the radiator actually snapping where the hose fits) was staying at the Ringhaus with us. Both him and the biker were fined 1000 euros, and the M3 driver also paid 500 euros in damages. As far as Im aware, the biker made a full recovery and was out of the hospital that evening.

As for the female biker, again from what I can gather, she was struck by a Ring taxi at Mutkurve (which as some of you may know is a pretty fast approach, the Ring taxis and bikes can very capably hit 160/70mph there). She was knocked over the armco and the 10ft fencing into the woods, where she was undiscovered for 3 hours. I can only imagine how horrible that was.

The track spent most of the weekend shut due to accidents. I know where I was stood (Wipperman and the following corners), I witnessed an E36 M3 spin and hit both sides of the track, the biker who was airlifted away, and the Audi TT who hit the armco. I also caught the Saxo just after he crashed, and saw a multitude of other cars (over 20) being towed away on the Saturday. Sunday we decided we'd had enough and went to the GP circuit. Even Dale (RSR instructor) said it was probably the worst weekend he'd ever seen.

Did anyone see the Koenigsegg catch fire on Friday? If anyone was there, you might like to know the bald chap on the laptop next to it was actually ''Mr'' Koenigsegg, the founder of the company.

As for the rest of my week there...

Monday - Boring all day, fun dry TF in the evening.
Tuesday - Boring all day, fun TF in the evening
Wednesday - All day TF, heavy rain

Sorry I didnt catch up with you guys, my car was essentially broken for most of the week, so I was out in my friends DC2 Integra on track, and his dads black MKIV Supra at the viewing points (as well as my own MX5). Did eventually get some laps in, but not until late Wednesday evening. I have over 570 pics, Ill upload them as soon as possible.