• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Nuerburgring - Nordschleife pics

freerider

They can be found here.
There was also a historic grand prix meeting we didn't know of, which was a nice suprise (we didn't see a lot of them though, bc they were driving on the S?dschleife, while we where driving the Nordschleife).
A lot of nice pictures, but a big no no for non-broadband users (+/-150 pics on 1 page). All pictures a resized to 640*480, so I you want full res of any of the pics, just ask.

Greetz Johan

Nice pics - I long for the day I get to drive the 'ring...

(Oh btw, there's no 'e' in Nurburgring :))

Exactly, there's an ? in N?rburgring. :p

He's right though. ? translates into ue where's no ? available (take url's or a non german keyboard as examples)

Nice pics freerider. :thumbsup:

swek said:

He's right though. ? translates into ue where's no ? available (take url's or a non german keyboard as examples)

Nice pics freerider. :thumbsup:

Jep, what swek says is right. (check official site for example: www.nuerburgring.de ). When you write Nurburgring you pronounce it like Noorboorgring in German, while the ? (or ue) makes it Nurboorgring. Isn't it Swek? (I hope I'm right, otherwise it would make the 7 years I lived in Germany quite useless).

And the pics weren't taken by me, but by a friend of mine(I had to do the driving :p ). He did photography in school, so some of them are quite artistic. And they were done with a reflex camera, so quality is also very good (especially the orinal ones @ 1536x1024).

Greetz Johan

Ferraris, Porsches, Lotuses.....

:drool:

swek said:

Ah, rightio, consider me eating my words :)

How long do you end up waiting in queue to get out onto the circuit? The carpark looks packed

freakster_991 said:
wat car u drivin freerider?

This is a long story, but I drove a Golf mk3 1.8 petrol. Not in very good condition, but at least I got to drive (part of the long story). It's the car from my friend who also took the pictures.

FYI, you don't need a fast car to drive the Ring. It's always fun (and safer!!!). And the car did pretty well for the beating it got. It even topped 200kph on the way back.

Greetz Johan

jayjaya29 said:
Ferraris, Porsches, Lotuses.....

:drool:

It's all fine when you get there, but after a while you really get used to it.
Oh, look, another M3/Porsche...
The weird thing was, that we were the only ones with a "normal" car. So queueing (sp?) was really weird. And we were offcourse the slowest (I only passed 2 cars, and 1 of them broke down, so actually only 1).

@fbc: again a long story. You see, the Nordschleife part is actually very small. When you drive there, the first thing you see is the S?dschleife. Really big, but the circuit is like 10x smaller then Nordschleife. Then you drive underneath the Nordschleife into the small villages (there are 4 or 3 within the Nordschleife!!!). Then you arrive at the parking lot wich is most of the time packed, but cannot hold a lot of cars. And not all of them drive at the same time (cooling and stuff), and even a "lot" of them are just there to watch (the carpark really is impressive, but you get used to it). Queueing takes about 2-3 minutes, if not faster.
We did have a traffic jam, when getting of the Nordschleife though. About 1km/10minutes. (keep in mind that when there are "Tourist-drives" you start at about half the long straight and also end there, so you don't drive the whole "track" (legally it's a public one way toll-road) ).

And sorry that I didn't post a full day report, but I just had to do it on 2 other forums, and don't feel like it anymore (bc It's really long). If you have any questions, I'll be happy to answer them though.

Greetz Johan

I have no idea how to phoneticise N?rburgring in order to make it pronouncable for native English speakers. My guess would be something like Nuhrboorgring.

@fbc Don't worry, you're not the first one to make that mistake. Gotta like it if people suddenly become experts on the subject. Thank's for the cheap shots everyone. :mrgreen:

jayjaya29 said:
I just call it as the "ring".

Technically you're wrong. The 'Ring or N?rburgring is the whole thing; Nordschleife and S?dschleife, but everybody will know you're talking about the Nordschleife.

Greetz Johan

^^ And be a smart-ass to all your friends ;-)

Buba

Buba said:
^^ And be a smart-ass to all your friends ;-)

Buba

I suppose, but none of my friends are as car savvy as I am, so it only does me good when I'm chatting on here.

btw... if you look at the 3-series's... there are E46 M3's and the E90's 3-series which might be the M3 because the normal E90 front bumber does not look like that... did anyone else notice this?

andyhui01 said:
btw... if you look at the 3-series's... there are E46 M3's and the E90's 3-series which might be the M3 because the normal E90 front bumber does not look like that... did anyone else notice this?

Nope, those aren't M3's (the E90 ones). Those are all cars from the 'Driving experience' or whatever it's called. The E46's are M3 though. Just pay about 800 euro's and you can drive those things a whole day long at the fabulous Nordschleife.

freerider said:
The E46's are M3 though. Just pay about 800 euro's and you can drive those things a whole day long at the fabulous Nordschleife.

I'm starting my savings fund now...

Three years ago we visited Koblenz during our holiday - it's only now I realise how painfully close I came to the 'ring - I'd planned on going there but we ran out of time.

Ah well, there's always next time - and I'll appreciate it more now since I know more of the track.

i was always wondering about the "ring"...what happens if i wanted to rent a nice car.....(ferrari 360,porsche 911,bmw's)...i live in canada so if i visited germany would it be cheap to rent a car and use it there??

how come there is so many graphitti on the track...can you put on more yourself?? ;)

and how do you get access beside the track where people watch and take pictures??? :?

Most of the information you'll need about renting cars, taking pictures, getting to the good spectating points, etc. is all on www.nurburgring.org.uk .

One word of advice - don't rent a fast car to start your driving career at the 'Ring. Start with something managable, otherwise you'll end your career on the first day.