Nugget and equi CA-2-TX Road Trip 2016

So will you be running canyons in LA? At least on Youtube, some of the roads in LA look like more fun than any race track...

A few weeks ago I ran Little Tujunga Canyon Road, Big Tujunga Canyon Road, and Mulholland Drive all in one day. Great, great set of roads, at least until it started raining!

Our travel dates are locked in, at least for the initial leg of the trip. We'll be flying into SFO the morning of Friday June 24th and heading straight to Sharkwerks to pick up the car. Everyone's welcome to meet us there and geek out over their shop full of amazing Porsches. Alex (Sharky) should be there, but sadly Dan will be on vacation that week so we'll miss him. We plan to bum around during the morning and afternoon in the Fremont area, shooting the shit with the Sharkwerks guys. In the afternoon we'll hit the road North and head up to Willows, CA.

Saturday the 25th we'll both be driving the car in an SCCA HPDE at Thunderhill. There's still plenty of room on the entry roster if anyone wants to sign up. No track experience necessary, just bring your car. It's unlikely that we'll be able to offer rides since this is a group we've never run with before, but I'm sure spectating will be fun regardless.

I'm trying to get us some laps at Sonoma in the morning on Tuesday the 28th, but that's still unconfirmed. Hopefully that works out, which means we'll be spending Sunday and Monday in the greater Bay Area visiting friends and trying to find good photo locations for the car. If everything works out as planned, we'll hit the road Tuesday afternoon and head south towards L.A. We'll be staying for three or four days in (home based in Glendale) and exploring SoCal. If the schedules work out, we'll be visiting Magnus Walker at Urban Outlaw. No other firm plans yet, but I'm trying to sort out the Buttonwillow / Willow Springs track availability.

From there it's a lot less clear. We plan to be back in Houston sometime before the 8th.

I posted a bunch of photos to the RS thread and to https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0UG6XBubGEjmie

We are dangling our feet in the pool at a hotel in Napa and will head back down to SF tomorrow around lunchtime. Car is running great and it tore up the track yesterday at Thunderhill West