Number of episodes in Season 16

minigolf

Car(s)
1980 GTI, 2009 S3
Anyone know how many eps we can expect? The normal 6-7 or might we get a few extras because we were a bit short changed with S15?

S15 was a normal run of 7 episodes, 14 a year was the regular number for the past years.

Based on the recording dates on the Applause Store website there are 6 episodes as they are recording each Wednesday starting on 19th Jan thru to 23rd Feb.

There were eight last year (Middle East Special would count for 2010, not 2011, IMO). Maybe...

S16 proper = 6 episodes
S17 = 6 episodes
A (potential) second Christmas double bill = 2 episodes
TOTAL = 14 episodes

edited to add...

Rather than start a new thread, I'll just tack it on here. According to the Radio Times site, snooker is on BBC Two on January 23 at 8 pm (the projected start date for S16 proper based on the AS tape dates). The 90 minutes before that is open, though.

Last edited:
The snooker finishes on the 16th. The schedule for the 23rd has Top Gear on at 8pm. I'll get my fangirl hat on and try and remember to ask The Boss about the series numbering at the filming next Weds.

^^No - just bloody lucky! And a lot of friends who know that if they get tickets and don't take me their life won't be worth living! Although I am hoping that if I go often enough Andy will just give in and employ me as 'random-fangirl-in-the-audience'!

"So, Andy... how should we label our pirated copies?" :wicked:
*snorts* He'd love to know that we were discussing the finer points of show-numbering rather than the finer points of how scripted it is!

Last edited:
"So, Andy... how should we label our pirated copies?" :wicked:

In my opinion we've already had 16x01 and 16x02 in the form of the Christmas and Boxing day episodes.

In the first one Jeremy showed us "what to expect over the coming weeks" and as far as I am concerned that signals the start of a new series. There's no way they would do that in a Series 15 episode.

The Middle East Special was also shown in that preview so that's good enough for me to make it 16x02.

And the TG website has always considered those two separate from S16 (though they put the former with S15). :nod: I tend to go by the website (and here).

The snooker finishes on the 16th. The schedule for the 23rd has Top Gear on at 8pm. I'll get my fangirl hat on and try and remember to ask The Boss about the series numbering at the filming next Weds.

I failed. He was very busy today (a few things didn't exactly go well) and he had his 'serious please don't bother me because I will talk to you 'cos I'm polite but I'm having a crap day and don't really have the time' face on at coffee break so I decided to leave my fangirl hat well and truly hidden and not pester him. Sorry.