Nvidia CUDA Encoding removed?

awdrifter

I'm trying to use the CUDA Decoder functionality in TMPGenc Video Mastering Works 5 to work with my MSI GTX 970. From what I can find it seems like Nvidia has removed support for CUDA encoding after the 340.52 driver update, which is pre-Maxwell release, so I can't even roll back to an older driver. I've found this post on the Nvidia forum that suggests me to add the Nvcuvenc.dll back from the older versions of the driver.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...onvert-videos-anymore-after-340-52-update-/1/

However the trick doesn't seem to work with 344.75 drivers on a Maxwell card (MSI GTX 970). I can enable CUDA Hardware decoding after pasting the two files in their respective folders, but when I add any video to the project it gives the error (CUresult=400). Has anyone gotten Nvcuvenc working on a Maxwell card? I'm guessing the reason for removing CUDA support on consumer cards is to force professionals to buy their Quadro and Tesla cards. Can we get the files from the Maxwell versions of those cards and put them in the correct directories? If so, please share what drivers you used and which driver did you extract the Nvcuvenc.dll from. Thanks.