Nvidia GeForce RTX 3000

I suspect Nvidia will keep owning the high end, with RDNA2 continuing the trend of ATI being competitive in the mid-range and below.

AMD has an advantage in that they can sell APUs while Nvidia will continue to be forced to be discrete (unless ARM makes inroads in the PC laptop space).

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Founders Edition Review

Don't buy new complicated things on release day. Give it a couple months to settle.

Having said that, I violated my own rule earlier this year and bought an AMD 5500 XT for my new system, only to find it had crash happy Linux drivers.

Don't buy new complicated things on release day. Give it a couple months to settle.

A wise columnist in an old car magazine once advised to avoid buying cars in the first six months, avoid early build problems, and the last six months, to avoid run down production lines. Could apply to most manufactured products.

I really hope that AMD is able to pick up and run with the ball since Nvidia has fumbled it so hard. I'm not expecting bigNavi to beat the 30 series, but I'm willing to bet it will at least match it, and if they can do it at a lower price and people don't have to fight in Thunderdome to get their hands on one, they have a chance to land some really hard shots here.

I really hope that AMD is able to pick up and run with the ball since Nvidia has fumbled it so hard. I'm not expecting bigNavi to beat the 30 series, but I'm willing to bet it will at least match it, and if they can do it at a lower price and people don't have to fight in Thunderdome to get their hands on one, they have a chance to land some really hard shots here.
I wish that was going to happen.. But I just can't bring myself to believe that..

I wish that was going to happen.. But I just can't bring myself to believe that..

Keep an eye on @AzorFrank , in replies he suggest they are in the ballpark and will have volume to ship at launch.

Don't think Nvidia are done launching stuff, holding something back to counter AMD.

Keep an eye on @AzorFrank , in replies he suggest they are in the ballpark and will have volume to ship at launch.

Don't think Nvidia are done launching stuff, holding something back to counter AMD.
Well there have been several SKUs leaked for doubled RAM models for both the 3070 and the 3080.. so I guess that is an open secret. But AMD also has more RAM on board it appears..

it's now $1.2M and on ebay...or...baidu or something

I know of one trailer here that got stolen with at least 15000$ worth of Nvidia video cards (part of PCs worth also a lot), but the thieves abandoned the whole thing, probably not realising what they were actually sitting on :D

NVIDIA GeForce 3080 Ti, RTX 3070 Ti, And RTX 3050 Outed Via EEC Filing​

The entries in bold have not been announced....
  • GeForce RTX 3090: 10,496 CUDA cores, 24GB GDDR6X
  • GeForce RTX 3080 Ti: 10,496 CUDA cores, 20GB GDDR6X
  • GeForce RTX 3080: 8,704 CUDA cores, 10GB GDDR6X
  • GeForce RTX 3070 Ti: 7,424 CUDA cores, 10GB GDDR6X
  • GeForce RTX 3070: 5,888 CUDA cores, 8GB GDDR6
  • GeForce RTX 3060 Ti: 4,862 CUDA cores, 8GB GDDR6
  • GeForce RTX 3060: 3,840 CUDA cores, 12GB GDDR6
  • GeForce RTX 3060: 3,584 CUDA cores, 6GB GDDR6
  • GeForce RTX 3050: 2,504 CUDA cores, 4GB GDDR6
https://hothardware.com/news/nvidia-geforce-3080-ti-3070-ti-3050-outed-eec

Why is there supposed to be a higher ram lower Cuda core 3060?! Does that make any sense? Also, a bump from 8 to 10gb for the 3070 is a bit disappointing, especially with that oddball 12gb 3060 in mind.

I know of one trailer here that got stolen with at least 15000$ worth of Nvidia video cards (part of PCs worth also a lot), but the thieves abandoned the whole thing, probably not realising what they were actually sitting on :D

I don't know if this is sort of thing is becoming more common, but a wildly desired signature guitar (limited to 179 unsigned and 79 signed/distressed) from Tool's guitarist just came out a few weeks ago, and a pallet of guitars was stolen from a truck which included at least two of the $10,000 signed versions. The pallet totaled $95k worth of guitars.

Last edited: