NYIAS 2019 - APR. 19 - APR. 28, 2019

rickhamilton620

has a fetish for terrible cars
Car(s)
2023 Mazda CX-5 Premium
It's that time of year again - NYIAS season.

Since 2016 I've visited the NYIAS with at least one FG peep (LurkerPatrol and Leadfoot666) and had a blast. - a "major" show like NYIAS is on a whole nother level from the local show I've gone to since I was 4. It's never too early to get the thread out there. If anyone's interested in meeting up at the show, feel free to post up here.

The Deets:

Dates: April 19 through 28th - A day on the weekend (Apr 19 - 21 or 26 - 28) would work best for me but I'm open for other days as well.

Times:
Monday – Saturday: 10am – 10pm *
Sundays: 10am – 7pm*

Cost:
17 bucks for adults 13 and up, 7 for kids

*If we wanted early access (1 hour early entrance before show opens Fridays and Saturdays) its 45 bucks for adults, 17 for kids)*

I'm planning on driving up so if anyone wants to ride with who's in MD or PA, lemme know, we'll work something out.

We don't do much in terms of meets with the mid-atlantic folks compared to the midwestern, cali, and northeast FG'ers (not to mention the number of meets EuroGear has) so it'd be fun to get a few more of us together!

I might be interested depending on flight costs. Would probably do and out and back on the same day. I'll set some flight alerts up.

EDIT: Best option right now is flying out 8pm Saturday 20th and back 9pm Sunday 21st.

So based on my time at NAIAS yesterday, I think I'm going to pass on this one unless I manage to catch a stupidly good deal for airfare (i.e. a $75-100 round trip flight).

This flight combo just came up for $103, but its...... less than useful.

6feev7u.png

What I could possibly do is book it, then try to change the return trip to something later via a no-cost same day confirmed change via my status with Delta. Its risky though and could backfire if all the later flights get fully booked.

This flight combo just came up for $103, but its...... less than useful.

6feev7u.png

What I could possibly do is book it, then try to change the return trip to something later via a no-cost same day confirmed change via my status with Delta. Its risky though and could backfire if all the later flights get fully booked.

Ooofff.

That is risky! We understand if you can’t make it haha.

I should be able to attend! (Especially since I live an hour away. Hopefully I won't get sick like last year..)

I should be able to attend! (Especially since I live an hour away. Hopefully I won't get sick like last year..)

Cool!

I might actually come since i’m in the city

You’re certainly welcome!

I’m going to start a telegram group soon for planning purposes. I’ll let everyone know when it’s ready.

@prizrak are you on Telegram? if so, i've created a group for us to discuss plans. If not, I can post back here too!

@CrzRsn I assume you're out after your NAIAS adventure? :p

Yeah, no good flights + other stuff poppup up. Shame too because Koenigsegg confirmed that they’re bringing the Jesko :(

Yeah, no good flights + other stuff poppup up. Shame too because Koenigsegg confirmed that they’re bringing the Jesko :(

No worries man, stuff happens! Sucks that you'll miss the Jesko though!

We’ve settled on a date - 4/20! (Blaze it!)

If anyone wants to join us, please let me know in this thread!

I'm not on telegram, I prefer to use modern tech :p Also won't be making it, Saturdays are out for me

No biggie! We shall meet again someday lol!