NZ airport bans 'horny' ad

konradiusz

Being an Australian I've been brought up to...not hate...but to dislike the Kiwi's. But a couple of days ago the Kiwi's made a horrible mistake...

NEW Zealand airport officials deny they lack a sense of humour, despite banning a billboard with a lacy bra-clad Jennifer Hawkins clutching a stuffed rhino with the caption: "Feeling horny?"

The lingerie ad featuring Australia's former Miss Universe was declined by Auckland International Airport, which felt it was a "step too far".

0,,5363671,00.jpg

I always knew the kiwis were from another planet, but seriously, how can you ban this!:p

well I don?t see a stuffed rhino in that picture... but maybe its that rhinos energy drink...

edit: never mind...

You can sorta see why there was a fuss, its a big billboard right in front of the airport, in Australia its just posters inside shopping malls and maybe a billboard here or there.

But if you see such an attractive women in an airport and you've never heard/seen her before, you could mistake her for a kiwi and come back again and again. Great for the economy

oh come on, it can't be the only lingerie ad on a billboard in NZ ... what's wrong with it? they're paying you, right? Plus, a more libertine appeal to tourists will boost tourism (a lot). Look at the netherlands, think if drugs and prostitution weren't allowed they'd have the same level of tourism?

Ah, OK, so eroding society with smut is OK as long as there's money involved. Right.

I'm from NZ :) BlitzR. Auckland airport is stupid at times lol.
(haven't posted hardly, I visit here often though).

Ah, OK, so eroding society with smut is OK as long as there's money involved. Right.

Exactly what society are we talking about, because if you look at the history of sex and society - the most successful societies are have been the ones with more open sexual practices. If you look at the whole of human history the puritan ideas of sex being taboo are fairly recent developments.

This is pretty similar to the Super Bowl a few years ago. They show a boob on tv for 2 seconds and it's the end of the world. Yet that same network usually shows programs depicting violence in that same time slot and everyone's ok with it.

So you really wanna be like us where extreme violence is okay, but any mention of "s-e-x" is a no-no?

This is pretty similar to the Super Bowl a few years ago. They show a boob on tv for 2 seconds and it's the end of the world. Yet that same network usually shows programs depicting violence in that same time slot and everyone's ok with it.

I thought it was funny that they flashed a (covered) nipple for about .5 seconds and cut to an ad that required a warning about a 4 hour erection.

I don't get it.