• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

.nzb files for newgroups?

smtk

I wondered if their would be scope for the eps to be post to news groups then a .nzb put up

As the final gear torrents are the only things I used bittorrent for nowadays

Re: .nzb files for newgroups?

smtk said:
I wondered if their would be scope for the eps to be post to news groups then a .nzb put up

i have access to a good newsserver, and sometime soon ill be moving out (out of my parents' house) so ill get a 20/1 mbit connection. Ill be more than happy to upload the episodes there.
Moving will probabely start at the end of next week if all goes well, so next season there wont be any problem in getting the episodes off usenet.
(the tracker will still run from my parents' connection at 512kbit upload, changing to 1mbit in 3 months)

bigfoot1942 said:
smtk said:

i have access to a good newsserver, and sometime soon ill be moving out (out of my parents' house) so ill get a 20/1 mbit connection. Ill be more than happy to upload the episodes there.
Moving will probabely start at the end of next week if all goes well, so next season there wont be any problem in getting the episodes off usenet.
(the tracker will still run from my parents' connection at 512kbit upload, changing to 1mbit in 3 months)

What are you picking Versatel, Wanadoo or anyone else? Really not sure what to take.... Sorry for OT

hajj said:
bigfoot1942 said:
smtk said:

What are you picking Versatel, Wanadoo or anyone else? Really not sure what to take.... Sorry for OT
Wanadoo is cheapest ;) and i dont like soccer so there is no need for Versatel.
And ? 23,95 per month is really cheap imho... (aka unbeatable)

bahnstormer said:
smtk check out

www.mininova.org and www.torrentspy.com
i'm sure u can find a few things that torrent
files are good for =]

usenet doesn't archive stuff well...
almost anything gets on there, only the rare stuff doesnt. And for rare stuff bittorrent isnt the most suitable as well.
And of course is using usenet preferrable to using bittorrent since its way faster.

mbit, I guess, since 15 mb would be more than 100 Mbit Lan speed...

Still really good...

I guess it is 15mbit since they are using ADSL2+, dont know where that limits but 120mbit is too much

Buba said:
mbit, I guess, since 15 mb would be more than 100 Mbit Lan speed...

Still really good...
1Gbit internet connections do exist ;)

jensked said:
Do they mean megabit of megabyte? You can't tell from their website...quite a difference

Hehe, about 8x....

3 MB per sec down is still impressive...

Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 1.317 / 16.372

that?s what i get (ADSL2+ is very distance dependant)

If you live next to the exchange you might get 22mb max. Having this conection is like tv/movies on demand so cheap too

bigfoot1942 said:
what newsservers do you use, and how much do they cost?
http://100proofnews.com/, unfortunately they've recently introduced a 100gb limit, before that it was unlimited. I don't care though, because I don't actually use it. I pay, but I don't download anything. ATM I don't have the time to learn how to use it... :?

Didn't I gave you the link? Ah, right, it was from the other thread... Once I was certain, that I should check it out they just introduced the limits...

Ewaka isn't availibe in german, perhaps? Or english?
Mainly because of the payment... That IBAN stuff isn't so great what I heard...

Buba

Buba said:
Ewaka isn't availibe in german, perhaps? Or english?
Mainly because of the payment... That IBAN stuff isn't so great what I heard...

Buba
no english no german... but whats wrong with IBAN, its the same as regular bank-transactions only international afaik...