oath

bone

"bangle for president"
Car(s)
Volvo V40 & Yamaha Banshee
WHY THE HELL DID BUSH PLACE HIS HAND ON THE BIBLE?

america is a democraty right? i taught in a democratie church and state were seperated? and does this mean only christians can be president?

how week is that for "the countrie of freedom"

'Cause you always swear on the bible here which I find really stupid.

I saw the ceremony on TV and it sounded like Bush gave his oath to Dart Vader. :lol:

Re: oath

bone said:
WHY THE HELL DID BUSH PLACE HIS HAND ON THE BIBLE?

america is a democracy right? i thought in a democracy church and state were separated? and does this mean only christians can be president?

how week is that for "the country of freedom"
sorry i couldnt help it... youre not that bad in english but why this?

and to answer your question: separation of state and church was invented by some dude (i forgotten his name) but it isnt a requirement for a democracy.

And whats bad with it? you think bush should have used something else? if the Bible is that important to him, why would you deny it?

tjah, who knows :)

probably just typing to fast, in english, while thinking in dutch

democracy - democratie, realy not that much difference hu?
country, not that many words in dutch which end with y, might explain this mistake
and taught, does it exist, or did i just made that word up?

and frankly, i don't give a fuck about spelling mistakez ;)

america is a democracy right? i thought in a democracy church and state were separated? and does this mean only christians can be president?

This is just plain ignorance.

You are tolled to swear on the Bible to affirm that you are telling the truth, just as you would have to swear on the Bible in court. It is tradition that dates way back and has no implication that you have to be religious.

Most or all presidents say or claim to be religious because an atheist president would not do well (be elected) in a country that has over 96% believing in religion or higher power.

As for the prayer during the ceremony, each president can choose to have pray or not during THEIR inauguration ceremony so dont feel so surprised when you hear about it since you didnt mention it or for others that were confused/surprised to see pray at the ceremony.

justin syder said:
You are tolled to swear on the Bible to affirm that you are telling the truth, just as you would have to swear on the Bible in court. It is tradition that dates way back and has no implication that you have to be religious.
So you'd be okay if you had to swear on the book of Islam?

if our kings has to do the oath, he places his hands on the constitution, the basis of the country, not some religious thing

bone said:
if our kings has to do the oath, he places his hands on the constitution, the basis of the country, not some religious thing
I don't see that happening for us. Our constitution is like in 8" think bullet proof glass and stored in like a nuke proof safe at night.

No surprise, europe has a "no-religion" attitude so religion to you guys is a hassle or dumb or not necessary.

Im pretty sure you didnt know this viper but the pres swears his oath on somthing sacred to him, all presidents elected were catholic so they swear on the bible.

If Joseph Lieberman were elected president then he would swear on the torah. If a muslim president were elected he would do it on the koran.

I would not swear on the koran because I would swear on the bible which is based on my beliefs.

justin syder said:
Im pretty sure you didnt know this viper but the pres swears his oath on somthing sacred to him, all presidents elected were catholic so they swear on the bible.

If Joseph Lieberman were elected president then he would swear on the torah. If a muslim president were elected he would do it on the koran.

I would not swear on the koran because I would swear on the bible which is based on my beliefs.
I did not know that, I guess if I were ever become president, I'd have to drive my STI up the steps and place my hand on the roof. :lol:

justin syder said:
No surprise, europe has a "no-religion" attitude so religion to you guys is a hassle or dumb or not necessary.

Ahm, NO. We just realise that while someone believes one thing someone else believes into something else and there is no right or wrong belief...

justin syder said:
...the pres swears his oath on somthing sacred to him, all presidents elected were catholic so they swear on the bible.

I sort of thought that it would be the case, Bush is openly christian so it only makes sence to swear on the bible, if he would use the coran or something else I would seriously think something was wrong.

And ESPNSTI,
:D

muumipeikko said:
justin syder said:

Ahm, NO. We just realise that while someone believes one thing someone else believes into something else and there is no right or wrong belief...
i hope you realise you could be wrong though...

justin syder said:

Mmm, no I did not.

bigfoot1942 said:

About what? Religion being a hassle or about the fact that there is no right belief? :D

No seriously though, of course I can be wrong I am stating only my own view on the matter. I should probably have a sig saying this.

There is a 50% chance of that.

Ill say this, if there is really a god and the back of the Bible is correct, revelation and the anti-christ, then i really hope you are right cause some really scary shit will happen...if its all true you know. ;)

There hasnt been an atheist president so I dont know.

I would assume the bible because it is done in court the same way, a witness will have to swear on the bible to tell the truth the whole truth...

Nah, I dont know I cant say that I really know if someone like you, an atheist, would have to swear on the bible. It wouldnt make sense for an atheist to swear on the bible. anyone want to find out, be my guest.

Def not ur car though... the bus you take maybe... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: