Obituaries Notable people that have passed

However, a couple of my friends back in Hollyweird are saying that the rumors (and these are rumors - no way to tell truth or falsehood) were that he was just diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor so perhaps that was the precipitating cause instead of the Prius.

Seems your friends were right according to news reports.

There's conflicting reports as to whether or not he had an inoperable tumor. His family denies that he had any sort of cancer, though some of his close personal friends say that he did.

We won't know for sure until the autopsy results come in.

This truely is tragic. I admired Tony Scott and his style. He made some intense action films and certainly influenced how films are made today.

He will be missed...

RIP Jerry Nelson, Sesame Street veteran, voice of beloved characters such as the Count, Emmet Otter, Robin the Frog, Mr. Snuffleupagus, and Crazy Harry.
603403_10151103254480256_1118897598_n.jpg

A true hero, good bye sir.

Truly sad day, absolutely devastated when I heard the news.

Carl Sagan said:
Consider again?that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar", every "supreme leader", every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there - on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.
It has been said that astronomy is a humbling and character-building experience. There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known.

:( Damn...

Now there's only eight people alive who have walked on the Moon.

I just read about this on CNN. A very very sad day in the history of Space.

One of my personal heroes from right here in Ohio. RIP man, you've earned it.

Ah, that's very sad news.

A great American hero and a man of histrory, whose deeds will be remembered for millenia. :sad:

EDIT: Oh, and NBC are idiots, chimps using Wiki & Google staff the "news" room.

Last edited:
This makes me sad, he died on my bday. :cry:

By all accounts a genuine hero and a truly modest and humble man. Godspeed, good sir, give our regards to Lieutenant 47 when you see him.

It takes someone genuinely special like him to do something like walk on the moon yet still remain so down to earth afterwards. The world has lost a truly great man. RIP.

Dearest just heard it on the news and asked me "What did he die of?"

"Being 82!"