Obituaries Notable people that have passed

I honestly didn’t think there were fans of his music here.

It isn't. But think about it for a second. For something to be posted here, you need someone who is a forum member that likes, or at least is aware, of the work the notable person has done throughout their life. I am guessing the cross-section between FG members still here after the vBulletining and that are into the genre that Avicci played (which, to be honest I'm not sure of its name) is rather low. You could've just posted a link to the obituary of your choice.

With that said, I also find it interesting that Avicci's passing has flown relatively under the radar even in world news.

bone;n3548506 said:
avicci...

been dead since friday, no one posted this yet?

Obituaries NOTABLE people that have passed.

if having more world wide hits than anyone else of his generation doesn't make him notable, i don't know what will?

i don't see what's the difference between him, amy winehouse or prince?
i don't listen to EDM at all...can't even say i'm interested, let alone a fan
but that doesn't mean i don't respect what he does?

Ask yourself this, who will be remembered 100 years from now, who will have a tribute every year on the radio and/or tv?

I guess that answers your "notable" question.

I'm not saying that Avicci made bad music, but he's just one in the EDM dozen.

/my$0,02

bone;n3548517 said:
since when is that a criteria?

Frankly, the performance of this forum keeps me
from posting more.

If MWF posted that a famous actor died that he knew well, and you didn’t but, had heard MWF bring this person up a few times in conversation and, you were the first one to know they died in our little circle of members, would you post about it? More importantly, would your first reaction be to post in this thread? Like most of these famous people, you read the headline, say “oh” in your head, and move on.

^apparently that's no longer allowed because in 100 years they won't be talking about that guy anymore :dunno:

Remind me in 100 years to ask people born 60 years from now to see if they grew up with those films.

bone;n3548608 said:
^apparently that's no longer allowed because in 100 years they won't be talking about that guy anymore :dunno:

rolleyes.jpg

How about this- anybody whose achievements or experiences in life were enough to make large numbers of people take note of their death is, by definition, "notable".

Brabus founder Bodo Buschmann

http://autoweek.com/article/tuners/brabus-founder-dies
Brabus founder and CEO Bodo Buschmann, responsible for some really cool, really fast Mercedes Benzes, died April 26 after a short illness. He was 62.

The German magazine Waz first reported the death. He founded the company in 1977. While in law school he was looking to modify his Mercedes but couldn’t find a company that met his standards. So he opened his own.

Over the years, sometimes his modifications made the cars more luxurious, some much faster (we called one “an alternative to a regional jet”), some more high-tech. Whichever route Brabus took on an individual car, it must be said the company helped put tuning on the map.

(The Brabus 900 Rocket, for example, has 888 hp and 1,106 lb-ft of torque and can hit 230 mph.)

Brabus also has a Classic program. According to the Brabus site, between 1,500 and 4,000 man hours goes into each restoration depending on the vehicle. “This is how we make vintage vehicles with new-car character,” the site says.

Today Brabus is the second-largest Benz tuning company behind only Mercedes-owned AMG.

Constantin Buschmann, Bodo’s son, who as CMO was responsible for marketing and sales, has assumed control of the company.

I saw three or four posts on the front page of Reddit the day "Avicii" died, so IMO he's probably notable enough for the thread. But I'd never heard of him even noce before that, which is not me trying to disparage the guy; it's just a fact.

I might be tempted to post Totalbiscuit here, but probably wouldn't because most people would say "Who the fuck . . . ?"

he hasn't died yet has he? I was just reading on his semi-retirement yesterday.

He's alive, but the semi-retirement was by the far the worse news yet: chemo now competely ineffective and liver failing. About the only good news was that his painkiller dosages have a lot of room to increase, to handle the extreme pain of the tumor pressing on his spine.

Eric Geboers (5 time world champion mx during the 80s)

yesterday evening he was on a small boat when a little dog jumped overboard, he jumped in the water to save it, but he never surfaced, his body has just been found...
(no news about the dog)

Last edited: