Obituaries Notable people that have passed

While it was predictable given his recent health, it's a shame he didn't see his 100th birthday. I always liked his loose tongue, the same way I liked Wogan's when he used to commentate on Eurovision with a bottle of wine.

Also I had no idea that the royal family had a Twitter account.

Dead at 99... a full life if ever I've seen one, but still: in the eternal words of Ken Bruce, he was one year out.
10th June 1921 - just two months and a day out!

10th June 1921 - just two months and a day out!
Sure, but full years of life and calendar years, respectively, are where the lines are drawn.

The Queen must be devastated, no matter how clear the writing on the wall may have been. They were married longer than most people live and went through a hell of a lot together. And speaking of Ken Bruce et al: even the music on Radio 2 sounded like it was meant to give emotional support, rather tasteful choices actually.

Bernie Madoff died at 82.

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk

Bernie Madoff died at 82.

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk

I figured he was one of those asswagons who would live to be a 190...

Richard Parry-Jones

Richard Parry-Jones, former Group Vice-President-Global Product Development, Chief Technical Officer and Head of Global R&D Operations at Ford, has died at the age of 69.
From the mid-nineties, Parry-Jones led the development teams responsible for some of the greatest cars in Ford’s history, including the original Ford Mondeo and Focus, the Ka and the Puma. Parry-Jones’ focus on a car’s dynamics won an army of fans from enthusiasts to car buyers, lifting Ford’s reputation for building great driving cars to a new level that still stands true today.