Obituaries Notable people that have passed

Vic Elford, a driver who won in many different types of racing, has died at 86.

was just about to say "this isn't houlihan" but then I remembered there was a movie as well...

Wonder how Loretta Swit is doing.

It's been awhile, but the M*A*S*H cast did a podcast with several of the main cast and she sounded fine then. I think it was on Alan Alda's podcast.

Thank you. I have an irrational annoyance trigger when it's simply written as "MASH".

And I'll be honest: I've seen dozens of articles about her death, and even saw the photos they included...and it honestly didn't click that it was "movie Hot Lips" and not "TV Hot Lips".

Imagine being such a great drummer that you're Dave Grohl's drummer.

Early reports from Cololmbia's officials are that he has 10 different "substances" in his system at the time of death. Yikes.

Imagine being such a great drummer that you're Dave Grohl's drummer.

Early reports from Cololmbia's officials are that he has 10 different "substances" in his system at the time of death. Yikes.
They don't know concentrations yet though. That's going to be the more telling information, if any of those were not prescribed, or over theraputic levels.

I mean he could easily have been on anti-anxiety meds (a recently published interview mentioned that he struggled hard with anxiety related to performing, and had enjoyed the break from it during Covid). An anti-depressant wouldn't be surprising either.

He was 50, and still used his body pretty hard, so there could have been some pain meds. He may have had other issues that we don't know about, IBS, blood pressure, cholesterol...he DID have a very enlarged heart. That was also mentioned in the interview I referred to above.

Then say he maybe had a couple of beers and a smoke at the hotel. That's 10 substances, easily.

The combination of opiates and benzos (so I've seen mentioned a bunch) is apparently a "oh, shit...yeah, no wonder it ended like this" type of combination.

I've been on a kick lately of hunting down some of the syndicated sitcoms we used to watch as kids. Shows like Too Close for Comfort, 227, Gimme a Break, etc. I was reminded of one just a couple of weeks ago called It's a Living. I watched a few episodes to tickle the nostalgia bone. I haven't thought of this show in 20 years. It's funny, nobody talks about this show, but it was around long enough to have nearly as many episodes as Parks and Rec, Monk and Gossip Girl.

One of the stars of the show just died, Barrie Youngfellow. 11-year-old me had quite a crush on her.

tumblr_n1hfzxhSjS1qmsjj3o9_r1_400.gif

Another couple layers of coincidence:
1) The first episode I watched happened to be about Russian athletes, and one wanting to defect to the US. Amusing, given the current state of the world.
2) The 2nd episode I watched was from a later season, when they added a new cast member, and I couldn't quite put my finger on why she looked familiar. When I looked her up, I figured out that she (Sheryl Lee Ralph) is one of the teachers on another newer show I just watched for the first time this past week, Abbot Elementary.

Henry Patterson Dies Aged 92: ‘The Eagle Has Landed’ Author Sold 250m Books Under Pen Name Jack Higgins​