OctoberRingmeet 2013

Does by now anyone actually plan to do an overnight stay, and if yes, where and what nights?

I am considering coming by motorcycle (as the front tyres on the Focus are so used up that a Ringlap doesn't seem to be a very fast idea) and do a scenic trip... but with that plan, doing it as a one-day trip is out of the question unless I want to end up dead on the way back.

damn, why do you have to meet when there is a rally in the Elzas?

damn, why do you have to meet when there is a rally in the Elzas?

No chance I can make it. Grrr, oh well, there's always next time. I'll be in the Alsace in France at the time, not all that far from you guys.
Just, Rally.

Last edited:
Does by now anyone actually plan to do an overnight stay, and if yes, where and what nights?
I just booked a room at Hotel Ewerts, it's about halfway between the N?rburgring and the camping site, we'll arrive at Oct 3rd and leave at Oct 6th.

Hi,

I am the friend of Eye-Q. We will drive together.

First I thought I can take my Golf MK 1 GTI Pirelli for a long tour from Northern Germany (Hamburg) to the ring. But I've done that 3 years ago, and it really is a torture. Even if the weather's nice.

I am looking forward to the weekend. Maybe Eye-Q lets me drive his Beamer around for a Lap :rolleyes:
I think we will spend some ?uros for one or another lap :)

At the moment I have a longterm rental car from enterprise as my company car. I can take this around the ring, but atm this "car" is a 2013 Nissan Qashqai+2 with a 110hp 1.5 Liter Diesel engine. :? The Beamer is better :D

:welcome:

As it stands now, I don't expect to have time to fix the braking issue on the 328, so I probably won't be lapping it. I still fully intend to bring the whole family with me tho, so expect the youngest ever ringmeet visitors :)

Youngest ever Ringmeet visitor record still being held by your kids last year when they were a year younger during your Centerparc trip :)

So i got the confirmation that I have Friday the 4th. off :D Is there something planned for Friday or is the main meet still on saturday ?

As far as I'm aware the main meet is still on Saturday, but there are Tourist drives at the Nordschleife and the RGB season final (classic cars) at the Grand-Prix-circuit from Friday to Sunday.

My plan for Friday is the RGB season final, it's just 7,50 Euros, the timetable looks good, there is action from 9:00h to 17:20h.

I won't be too long as I bring some non-car people along....not sure what to bring...

A6:

+ lapped it before
+ more torque
+ seats more on a lap
- soft
- understeery

1 Series
+ Rear wheel drive
- Rear wheel drive
+ Sound
+ Handling
- Lack of Power
- Less Seats

Currently leaning towards 1....

Ok, to hell with it... if I'm coming (which I'm not 100% sure of at this point), it'll be camping - Saturday alone isn't really worth the 250km drive, and I can't be arsed to bother with hotels. Is camping space available as usual on the big 'Meet? I can either borrow a tent somewhere or just sleep in the car, I guess.

What are the camping arrangements? Do we need to pre-book or just turn up? How much does it cost?
I should be getting there Friday evening with my brother and staying all weekend.

The camp site is Viktoria Station at Kreuzberg/Ahr. Given that we are not a real ringmeet-sized group, just turning up should be fine. There's always enough room for a couple of cars and tents. If you're unsure, just mail or phone ahead.

Prices are ?7.5 for car + tent plus ?4,90 per person, if I read their table correctly.

You should also get mobile numbers for someone from our group who'll be there when you arrive.

just turning up should be fine. There's always enough room for a couple of cars and tents. If you're unsure, just mail or phone ahead.

Famous last words :)