Off Road Roof Rack Limits

jack_christie

Forum Addict
Ronny Dahl explains off road roof rack limits:

Is this one of those Australian legality things?

Because the only reason I can come up with for derating a roof rack because you're offroad is "Ya raised your center of gravity, dumbarse"

Edit: Wait, how in the upside-down hell are they even allowed to have roof racks that don't have backing plates on both sides of the mounting!? WTF you can't just bolt shit to body steel and expect it to have any carrying capacity whatsoever!

And even accounting for that idiocy being allowed, it doesn't make any sense to derate it offroad.

Last edited:
Is this one of those Australian legality things?

Because the only reason I can come up with for derating a roof rack because you're offroad is "Ya raised your center of gravity, dumbarse"

Edit: Wait, how in the upside-down hell are they even allowed to have roof racks that don't have backing plates on both sides of the mounting!? WTF you can't just bolt shit to body steel and expect it to have any carrying capacity whatsoever!

And even accounting for that idiocy being allowed, it doesn't make any sense to derate it offroad.

I'm starting to smell toast coming from Pennsylvania. :D

He mentioned he's go through the new rack solution "in the live" after. Is there a link to that info? It doesn't appear to be in any of the following YouTube videos.

He mentioned he's go through the new rack solution "in the live" after. Is there a link to that info? It doesn't appear to be in any of the following YouTube videos.
I think its a Front Runner.

Also might be slightly wrong in his maths:

Rhino 4X4 roof rack: Why I didn't buy one

Last edited:
Ronny's new roof rack:

Last edited: