Official 2010 F1 Pre-Season Thread

he's back AND he seems to have kept his speed intact.

everyone knows that already, after-all, he is teh michael schumacher. Top drivers will not lose their talent/raw pace just from taking a few sabbatical years off, that includes Kimi.

Hey Bernie can do what he damn wants as long as Saab get saved :D

I'm not biased in any way.

Alonso in red:

http://img689.imageshack.**/img689/3094/n505791ducatiferrariori.jpg

Just as weird as Button in McLaren gear...

has anyone else noticed that the smile gets smaller as it goes from the left to the right? look at them! lol

Although that would help, the main problem with overtaking is how dirty it is off the racing line. That's why they don't overtake on street circuits. And the corner following that striaght you made is acutally quite a fast chicane so I doubt anyone would have the balls to stick the car on the inside there....

Yeah it is very dusty there. Just thinking of how to make it not so start and stop.

Hamilton has the force:

?I spend a lot of time with my aerodynamicists, questioning them, and I?m sure they look at me and go, ?He?s just a driver, what?s he talking about??? smiles Lewis. ?But I have a proven understanding of the engineering of my car. This year, I was responsible for one of the upgrades that brought us three points of downforce in Spa. We didn?t really perform that weekend, but it stayed on the carfor the rest of the year and it helped. It was something I forced and got put on the car, and it was better, and it was great. You know, I was going to put my signature on it...?

And if this year's McLaren is any good is probably going to be because of him:

?I can get away with asking the questions because I am the driver. With some things they?ll say, ?Actually, your right,? and I?ve got to continue doing that. I really feel I?m having more input into my car than others are in their car in other teams.?

http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7712

If I were Button I would be really scared.

Last edited:
Button is probably doing the same, but maybe less vocal about it?

Just a thought: the dust thing might get slightly better when the surrounding building and construction works are done. Maybe my memory is failing me, but I don't remember the dust situation being this bad during the 2008 race here.

Ah well. Maybe it'll rain this year during the race instead.

Taking away the turn means there's 1 less grandstand, since that faces the waterfront. Sat at turns 14-15, first row at the 2009 race.

Yes, those corners are there specifically to accommodate more seats, I imagine.

And yes, it was construction that made the grip conditions worse. In 2009, construction continued 24x7 so as fast as cars swept the track clean, more stuff would accumulate when they were parked.

Yes, those corners are there specifically to accommodate more seats, I imagine.

And yes, it was construction that made the grip conditions worse. In 2009, construction continued 24x7 so as fast as cars swept the track clean, more stuff would accumulate when they were parked.

Will be better this year though, since most of the major work is done. I wonder if i should email the BBC guys, since i think they had issues looking for food last year. Contemplating on walkaround tickets or Connaught grandstand, NP.Jr corner was pretty funny when Grosjean decided to emulate it. Let me hunt down some shitty pictures taken off my phone. ;)

Got my tickets for the Canadian GP.. Grandstand A, hopefully near the start/finish line (seating charts suck).

Here goes guys:

Schumacher asks for number swap

20/01/2010

Michael Schumacher has asked his team for permission to change race numbers with teammate Nico Rosberg citing superstition as the reason.

Currently, the seven-time champion is due to drive a Mercedes bearing the number 4 while teammate Rosberg will wear the number 3 on his nose and flanks.

While the move would also need the approval of the FIA, Schumacher insists that his request has nothing to do with status but everything to do with Lady Luck and superstition.

"Ross knows that I prefer to have odd race numbers," he told Bild.

While Schumacher did sport the number 1 for much of his F1 career he also sported 19 and 5 at Benetton, and 3 and 5 at Ferrari, however, on his debut with Jordan at Spa Francorchamps in 1991 his car sported the number 32. Then again, it didn't complete the first lap.

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=39791

:lol: Some things just never change...