Official 2010 Mercedes E-Class Photos Leaked

I don't like the front headlights. Rear is ok for me. What's with all the 2-front-headlights-on-each-side trend?

Guys, guys. You have to admit that by E-Class standards that is a thing of beauty.

Guys, guys. You have to admit that by E-Class standards that is a thing of beauty.

I beg your pardon ?? Every single E-Class before this hideous monstrosity has been way better than what they have come up with now.

The current one, W211 may be a bit boring, but I think it is a very handsome car in a conservative way, especially in estate form. The one before that, W210 wasn't exactly a thing of beauty, but still tops the upcoming new one by miles and W124 is still the best saloon desing Mercedes Benz has ever been able to come up with.

W124
44342018qq0.jpg

W210
W210.jpg

W211
Mercedes%20E280T%207.jpg

Last edited:
That W124 was an excellent design. So classy :love: Similar in that respect to the previous generation 5-Series.

The W210 was a bit of an ugly duckling, although at the time it didn't seem too bad.

Big fan of the W211, right here!! With the appropriate sport pack and/or AMG kit, it looks superb. In 'taxi spec' - its pretty bleh...

It's funny how people have forgotten that the original W210 E-Class was considered somewhat revolutionary abd modern at Mercedes, at least stylewise. Its four round headlights were completely different than the face of current Mercedes at the time, including the W124, and it's a style that has been adopted for every Benz since.

^At the time, it was "wow" but only because it was different. But as time wore on, its ugliness became apparent. Although I don't find it offensively ugly, TBH...

Slightly OT - but the original E55 is just so cool. Its not good looking or that good around the twists, but it was such a mean mother at the time it came out. That and Tiff made it cool by power sliding the shiznitzz out of it on old Top Gear :lol:

Atrocious. That's all I could think of.

Criticize BMW all you like, at least you can identify a BMW in a parking lot.

The main thing is, that it is clearly identifiable as a Mercedes at first glance - you do not need to take a close look to see what brand it is - a quality the competition from Asia is still lacking with almost all of their creations.

As for the looks - well, I saw different pictures from different angles and some looked good, some looked less good. I suppose it's one of these designs that needs to be seen in real life... I kinda like it,though. It has character.

And by the way: Ever since the W123 retired, each and every new E-Class was considered ugly at first. People tend to forget that, though, when they get used to the looks after a while.

I still think the W210 was ugly and looks out of proportion, mainly because the wheel arches always look too wide for the tires. You need to fit in ridiculously wide tires to compensate that. The only one I liked, was a Brabus model.

My favourite is still the W211, even if it had quality problems at first. We had two of them in our family and the interior design alone was an enormous step forward. The W210 basically still looked like a W123 from inside. Also the W211 was the first model, that could keep up with a BMW 5-series in the handling department.

The new W212 will most definitely be an awesome car to drive (also something you cannot say of every competitor from Asia) and I'm looking forward to getting my hands on one as a rental, as soon as it is available :)

Is it just me, or is the new E-Class as big as the current S-Class???

How can the current C-Class be so right and this be so wrong?

Is it just me, or is the new E-Class as big as the current S-Class???
Hard to judge the size of it by these pictures. It'll be bigger, but theres the S-Class will always be significantly bigger than the E-Class on paper and in person.

Such a shame. They could have made it look good had they taken away the separation between the headlights and redone the reaer lights...how hard can it be? Mercedes should know better than this...

The main thing is, that it is clearly identifiable as a Mercedes at first glance
Yep, you can tell it's a Mercedes nowadays by how much bling-y chrome is on the front grill.

Blah blah puke smiley puke smiley everybody hates it, it will sell like hot cakes, end of topic. It never really mattered how the E-Class looked.

typical mercedes.

stick a pointy star badge on the bonnet and ppl will buy them without even test driving one.

I think it looks alright, and besides, if you're even reading this thread, you probably arent part of the target demographic this car appeals to, and was designed for.