Official 2011 Formula 1 Pre-Season Thread

I don't think (and definitely don't hope) that Bruno will be happy with this.

Now is it just my wild imagination or does it look like the armco has come through the footwell and pierced the rear door? I really hope the rumours aren't true. Things were looking great for him with the fastest time at Valencia and so far the best livery.

350348059.jpg

Turns out it did. What a freak accident

Last edited:
Until we know the true extent of what's happened and how bad RK's condition is, I don't think it's worth speculating...

...I just hope that it's not a career-ending accident like a lot of people are making it sound. :|

Now is it just my wild imagination or does it look like the armco has come through the footwell and pierced the rear door? I really hope the rumours aren't true. Things were looking great for him with the fastest time at Valencia and so far the best livery.

I think that's the case, someone from the rescue crew had told the Italian press that the guardrail (or part of it) went through his leg. To me it looks like it's also come through the top left of the seat as well, right next to where his head should be. No matter what the outcome, looks like a pretty happy ending to me...

Well, in an hour were supposed to get some facts regarding his condition.

According to some sources he is in a danger of losing one of his arms.:|

that would be terrible... It sounds more like his hand was crushed and they are trying to put it back together. If this is the case he will only regain a percentage of his dexterity and feeling again...

<hellbus>
Maybe he should join Def Leppard.
</hellbus>

On a more serious note, i hope he'll be back in his car by mid-season.

Someone please clarify, did he crash on a special stage, or normal road while going to the stage? I think it's been reported both ways, but still, his condition seems quite bad, hand expert surgeon has been operating on his hand.

Someone please clarify, did he crash on a special stage, or normal road while going to the stage? I think it's been reported both ways, but still, his condition seems quite bad, hand expert surgeon has been operating on his hand.

Nobody is sure at the moment. :| Latest word on that was "4 km into a special stage".

Yes apparently it was during a special stage, one of his fellow drivers was very angry because a lot of the others drivers just passed the accident place without even slowing down. I haven't read any real news info about him losing his arm, so I don't think that will happen. The surgery had been focused on his hand, and the surgery had started 2,5 hours ago. I'm not sure if the operation has been done yet. Wait and see. That's a real freak accident, not a normal one.

Good to hear. Unfortunately, the "Kubica for wdc 2011" slogan does need to be amputated. They should put hulkenberg into that car and let him loose.

Last edited:
Good god this is terrible news :( Kubica shoulda been a very strong contender this season and I was really excited to see what he can do in what looked like a competitive car. Now I just hope he regains the use of his arm...

It's somewhat heart-warming though to see the whole motorsport community on Twitter being so supportive of RK in this kind of moment. Not just the F1 drivers that are on Twitter... have read messages of support on various feeds from drivers in quite a number of series.