Official: 2012 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Roadster unveiled

No idea how they made white and beige look so good. Looks hot. But as most people said, I'd rather have the hardtop.

Yeah this....pretty much defeated the purpose of the SLS when the gullwings were removed >.<

Not really, it's a still a gorgeous car and better looking than the hardtop. Plus gullwing doors are cool for everyone to look at or car nerds to ogle. Regular doors much more pleasant to deal with in real life.

Plus gullwing doors are cool for everyone to look at or car nerds to ogle. Regular doors much more pleasant to deal with in real life.

I sometimes wish my car had gullwings... when it rains. :p

I sometimes wish my car had gullwings... when it rains. :p

Ahaha hadn't thought about that!

I was daydreaming the other day and I thought, what if they could retain the gullwings whilst making it a convertible?

Wouldn't it be awesome if you could have gullwings while the roof was up, and have normal sideways doors when it was down? (since it would be impossible to have gullwings when the roof is down)

Cmon germans, you've pulled some crazy shit out of the bag before. I want a gullwing convertible.

/dream.

I also think its better looking than the hardtop.

Less "look at me with my expensive Merc with weird doors" but .... still a bit look at me

This sounds incredibly weird but I like it because it doesn't have gullwing doors....

This sounds incredibly weird but I like it because it doesn't have gullwing doors....

I actually agree, while the regular SLS is quite nice, the roadster is much better looking

No you're not the only one. The roofless line and shape looks fantastic on this car, like it was meant to be without a hardtop. Obviously lack of a hardtop does away with gullwings, but I dont mind, and I think the SLR's 'halfway' door opening solution, while unique, looks kind of dumb compared to straight scissordoors or true gullwings.