Official 2012 Porsche 911 images spill onto the internet

Aiolos

Car(s)
2005 Toyota Rav4 :-/ (Mom's)
Hmmm. I like the new rear end a lot, but the new front has too many round shapes in it for me. I liked the more horizontal flat lines in the older model. The LED's and front intakes are for example more curved. I liked the straighter edges from before. Also I think the headlights seem too bar back now, and the extra 2 inches didn't seem like much, but now it looks a little too stretched for me. :-/ What do you guys think?

Source: TopSpeed via Autoblog

Here it is, folks: the all-new 991 Porsche 911. Like nearly every 911 that came before it, the iconic coupe's design has not changed too much, keeping the line's classic styling and proportions intact. Aside from some new LED running lamps and revised air intakes up front and some thinner taillights out back, the 2012 model is extremely similar to the 997 911 currently out on the road.

The big changes, though, are more than skin-deep. The car is about two inches longer than the current 911, and features revised six-cylinder engines. The base Carrera now uses a 3.4-liter direct-injected flat-six, producing 350 horsepower and 280 pound-feet of torque, while the Carrera S will use a direct-injected 3.8-liter unit, delivering 400 hp. Both engines will be mated to a seven-speed manual (yes, we said it) or PDK dual-clutch transmission, either of which can be had with launch control.

Inside, the 911's cabin uses a design borrowed from the Panamera, with a more pronounced, downward-sloping center console. Like the exterior, nothing radical has been done to the car's innards, and that's just fine with us.

We'll have the official details in the coming weeks in anticipation of the new 911's official debut at the Frankfurt Motor Show.

00-2012-porsche-911-991-leak.jpg

01-2012-porsche-911-991-leak.jpg

02-2012-porsche-911-991-leak.jpg

03-2012-porsche-911-991-leak.jpg

04-2012-porsche-911-991-leak.jpg

05-2012-porsche-911-991-leak.jpg

06-2012-porsche-911-991-leak.jpg

OLDER IMAGES FOR COMPARISON.

normal.jpg

normal.jpg

normal.jpg

normal.jpg

Last edited:
I like the front end and the interior but I'm not sold on the rear yet. When the 997.2 came I didn't like the rear of that either but now I don't mind it, so I'm sure it'll grow on me.

I think it looks pretty well as it should, although does anybody else think the rear end is getting a tad mainstream? I can see some aston/jag in the direct rear shot.

Interior is great. I wish porsche would bring back the richer looking "peanut butter" beige though.

Last edited:
I don't like the headlights.

That's pretty much it

It's a design feature - manly German mustache.

52343776_0fe849309d.jpg

Last edited:
The front is a bit fussy
The rear is gorgeous. I love the sort of sinuous, delicate taillights
The profile is much more agressive, but still retains the 911 shape
The interior looks gorgeous

Good job Porsche. It's fresh, but instantly recognizable. They have the hardest job in the world.

The front is a bit fussy
The rear is gorgeous. I love the sort of sinuous, delicate taillights
The profile is much more agressive, but still retains the 911 shape
The interior looks gorgeous

Good job Porsche. It's fresh, but instantly recognizable. They have the hardest job in the world.

Ever so slightly it becomes the best-er sports car in the world.

I'm not sure about the DRLs and driving lights could maybe be a bit smaller. But I'm sure after a year or so it'll look alright, like 911s always do.

I was actually expecting a bigger change, but maybe it's a good thing they kept it pretty similar to 997 even if it's totally new (like 993 -> 996) and not just an update to 997 like 997 was to 996.

Now, bring on the GT3.

I have to say this is a clear improvement over the 997, looks sharper, up to date, yet true to it's heritage. The only thing I'm not so sure about is the (very slight) stretch of wheel base, will be very good for dynamics and cabin space, though I'm not sure I like what it did with the looks, might need some time to get used to it...

How do 'images spill onto the internet?'
You know what, I don't wanna know.

01-2012-porsche-911-991-leak.jpg

Is it just me or does the side profile look as if Porsche is trying to make it look mid-engined?