Official 2012 Porsche 911 images spill onto the internet

New boss, same as the old boss. Actually I like, it's a bit sleeker, with that lower roofline.

2011-08-18_0109.png

Well I like it...won't have the money to get my GT3 RS but I can dream.
I respect Porsche and how they continually evolve the design of the 911, for me it isn't something you can easily start fresh with.

Holy Crap! They've actually added 2 whole inches !!woooww
But joking aside, that interior looks awesome. However I'm starting to think that maybe too much of a good thing is a bad thing with the same exterior.

Mmmmm. Gorgeous as always. I still think the 997 is a tad prettier with its rounder butt and DRLs separated from the edge of the bumper, but I'd take either, TBH.

I'm not sure what the purpose of sloping the center console like that is, though...is it to discourage people from putting stuff on it? It looks like it might get annoying.

Well, that settles it. Coco wins the lottery = coco gets a 997 GT3. Red, plz. :lol:

I think it's the biggest design difference we have seen in some years. It looks a lot lower which I've always thought Porsche's needed to be.
- I like it allot :)

I really like the driving lights they remind me of the 3rd gen RX-7

the front reminds me of the front of the R8

34.4MPG!!!!!!

http://fwd.channel5.com/fifth-gear/car-news/porsche-officially-reveals-new-911

Porsche has officially announced all the details and
prices
of the new 911 after the pictures were leaked last week.The
newcar will come with a radical new seven-speed manual gearbox as standard, with Porsche ditching the six-speed version in favour of a single clutch version of the established PDK.
As well as the usual impressive 0-62mph acceleration times, one of the most eye catching figures is the claimed fuel consumption of 34.4mpg of the entry-level PDK car ? a 6mpg improvement over the old car ? and the 194g/km CO2 rating. But this impressive economy doesn?t prevent the new car from being faster than its predecessor, and the basic Carrera is 0.3 seconds quicker to 62mph, taking 4.6 seconds ? 4.4 when the Sport Plus button on the optional Sport Chrono Pack is pressed. This is largely due to the new 345bhp 3.4-litre flat six
engine, which sees power boosted by 5bhp over the outgoing 3.6-litre version of the old car. Meanwhile, the Carrera S also gets a boost in power, from 380bhp to 395, which means it too is faster than the previous model with 62mph coming in 4.3 seconds, or 4.1 after hitting the Sport Plus button.
The boost in pace will also have been helped by a reduction in weight, with the new car featuring an all-new aluminium steel body that helps shed up to 45kg.
The looks appear largely unchanged over the old car ? although it is substantially longer to offer more room for rear passengers ? with minor alterations to the rear lights and
spoiler, a shorter front and rear overhand and a lower overall roofline.
Porsche will debut the new car at the Frankfurt
motor
show in September, and has announced it will cost from ?71,449, with the Carrera S from ?81,242.

Gotta say the front end looks almost identical to me...... of course I have 20/3500 vision (literally, well without my glasses anyway...)

But i agree, want pics of the shifter!

Never been a fan of Porsches but I have to admit I'm starting to like em. I like the new shape of the rear and side profile much sleeker and low.

lol, opposite for me

i always like porsches, but the more generations they come up with, the less i'm interested...

It will have to be if they're going to keep using the 911 in GT racing, particularly in GTE.

Are the 911's down on power compared to their competitors in GTE as they are with their roadcars?

Are the 911's down on power compared to their competitors in GTE as they are with their roadcars?

Don't think so, the bigger problem is that they've been using the 997 chassis for nearly 5 years and the pace of competition and development is far greater now than it was when the 996 was around (which enjoyed a 7-year career in GT racing).