Official: Alpina B5 Biturbo.

Every BMW fanboy knows that Alpinas aren't hardcore racecars for the road, they're made for the people who think M-cars are too brutal for their taste, but they'd still like some oomph, and a sporty ride without the back breaking suspension.

Agreed that the fanboys opinions don't mean much in the real world. Not being a hardcore racer for the road is definitely a good thing. Another reason the Alpinas are a better choice aside form the price savings.

Ok BMW M gmbh announced that the next M5 will have a V8 Twinturbo and will be released next year or so, but why wait? You could have one right now.

It will be harder to choose between the B5 and the M5 in future, thats for sure.

I think the M5 will definatly look better because Alpina's dont really look that good, just some aftermarket looking spoilers and the same multispoke style rims as usual.

I'd like one of these with as little excess badging as possible, and a manual.

Ok BMW M gmbh announced that the next M5 will have a V8 Twinturbo and will be released next year or so, but why wait? You could have one right now.

It will be harder to choose between the B5 and the M5 in future, thats for sure.

I think the M5 will definatly look better because Alpina's dont really look that good, just some aftermarket looking spoilers and the same multispoke style rims as usual.
Remember that this is just a beefier 550i, the M5 is on a whole another level, these two shouldnt even be compared. The new M5 will have the same engine as the X6 and X5 M, with atleast the 555Hp, propably more because the competition is already ahead (Audi with 580Hp and merc pushing out some tight numbers also). There just might be an 600Hp M-car coming to our way.

Found a video of the B5 in action:

Last edited:
i find the wide flat hood to be pretty ugly but the rest of it is pretty great. I have a question though. did they just fit the already existing 4.4L V8 twin turbo out of the X6M into this 5 series or is this an alpina inhouse turbo system. And since we know the next M5 will be using that same 4.4L tt V8 aren't they just shooting themselves in the foot? Unless the exclusivity of the Alpina name is enough to steal buyers away from the M5

The previous 5-series was just plain ugly. I guess I just didn't like anything from the Bangle era. The only truly beautiful BMW in my book is the current 335 coupe. However, while this 5-series isn't elagant or classicaly beautiful, it's a lot better looking than the outgoing 5 series.

Have you seen the car in person? The camera and lighting angles does not do justice
34842_407437501798_502926798_4507797_7571317_n.jpg

Agreed that the front of the new 5 series does not look good at all (seen a few in person on the streets) but I like the sound of this car and would definitely take this as a cheaper alternative to the new M5, I approve.

The new front end is final result of collective agreement of what a pedestrian safety front bumper should look like with each EU manufacturer's interpertation. Have you noticed that the new W204 C-class and new W212 E-class flatter that it was with each of their previous generations? Same deal. Don't blame the designers, blame the law. Just thank the Designer Gods that they did not make the front end any flatter than say...the SLS?

unless that was all they were shooting for. I mean why run huge turbines and tons of boost if you only want 500ish bhp. For all we know it is running some small frame turbo at 7psi

Just a wishful thinking here: Why do I get a sense that BMW is going to drop two twin-scroll turbochargers on the 4.4L for the 2012 M5 (essentially a V8 with Quad Turbo)?

And before I received any backlash, I did test drove the new 535i recently. Here are the rest of the pictures from my friend's camera:
34578_407438586798_502926798_4507841_6351292_n.jpg

Here is my and a lady friend who was kind enough to take all my pictures
36464_407438331798_502926798_4507836_4028730_n.jpg

Here I am driving the white all new 535i. Quite honestly, it is probably the best BMW look in white next the motorsport racing models. Much sexier than in Silver or Black.
34578_407438576798_502926798_4507840_4032608_n.jpg

And here is my driving the awesome 535i

Last edited: