Official: Audi RS5

Looks great. I'd take mine in blue metallic, with blue-accentented seats and these wheels
1659.jpg

Those rims look good on any modern audi :cool:

But what comes to the color choice, I can't make up my mind. Every color looks great on the RS5, it's just so bloody handsome car.

Actually I was thinking about something like this:
http://img709.imageshack.**/img709/9825/audirs5brochure06.jpg
I guess I couldn't handle photo editing yesterday, so I made the request.

Cynical me thinks this will turn out to be like an M6... lost, overdone and pointless :|

Considering the bucketloads of awesome that the B8 S4 is (beating the 335i with both Inside Line and Car and Driver as just two pieces of evidence), and given what we know about the car so far, what on earth would lead you to think that the RS5 would suck?

This is my new object of desire. Must have.

How did I miss this thread? This is epic want on so many levels...

holy fucking sexy batman... i cannot wait till MTM gets it's hands on that engine bay.

As good-looking as this is, I still think the RS4 is better.
Thinks it's the crease on the side panel that's bothering me.

I'll have the bucket seats and the seats only.

No car, just the seats?
On second thought, those seats are pretty sexy.

Considering the bucketloads of awesome that the B8 S4 is (beating the 335i with both Inside Line and Car and Driver as just two pieces of evidence), and given what we know about the car so far, what on earth would lead you to think that the RS5 would suck?

I dont think it would suck technically... it's probably an amazing piece of kit. I was mumbling about its success as a product..

Oh brav-fucking-oh Audi. My face just came off. That's the best looking Audi I've seen in a long time. The back is especially good. Ill take this over the equivalent BMW any day. Magic!!!

NetCarShow posted a press release! Good news is that the engine is a 450-horsepower 4.2L V8. The bad news is that it appears that the only transmission is a seven-speed S-tronic. No three-pedal RS5? FOR SHAME.

Unbridled power lurking in a classically elegant coup?: the Audi RS5 will debut at the 2010 Geneva Auto Show. The high-revving 4.2-liter V8 with its 331 kW (450 hp) unleashes powerful performance while achieving remarkable fuel economy. The seven-speed S tronic and an innovative center differential in the quattro drivetrain transmit power to all four wheels.

Developed by quattro GmbH, the RS models comprise the dynamic spearhead of Audi's model range. The Audi RS5 is the latest torchbearer in a tradition dating back over 15 years to the RS2 Avant: superior handling in the mid-size class.

A close relative of the V10 which powers the high-performance Audi R8 sports car, the high-revving V8 engine delivers its output from a displacement of 4,163 cm3. Like nearly every Audi gasoline engine, this one also operates via direct fuel injection known by the abbreviation FSI. This same technology has propelled the Audi R8 racing car to four triumphs at the classic endurance race in Le Mans. The common-rail system generates up to 120 bars of pressure.

Intensive fine-tuning of the dual-branch intake and exhaust system allows the undersquare engine to breathe freely; four adjustable camshafts and tumble flaps in the intake manifold facilitate mixture formation. The 4.2 FSI provides imposing torque and is right at home even at high revs - almost like a race engine. The engine delivers 331 kW (450 hp) at 8,250 rpm and - between 4,000 and 6,000 rpm - transmits a maximum of 430 Nm (317.15 lb-ft) of torque.

The vigorous strength, the spontaneous responsiveness, the joyful high-revving, and the throaty, sonorous music: this V8 produced by hand at Audi stunningly combines the essence of power and emotion. The 4.2 FSI propels the coup?'s 1,725 kilograms (3,802.97 pounds) in 4.6 seconds from 0 to 100 km/h (0 to 62.14 mph) to an electronically governed top speed of 250 km/h (155.34 mph). Audi can increase that to 280 km/h (173.98 mph) upon request.

Sales of the Audi RS5 will begin in the spring of 2010. Its basic price will be approximately 77,700 euros.

http://www.netcarshow.com/audi/2011-rs5/ (full press release)

Lack of a real transmission is a shame, but I might be ab;e to get over it for this car.