Official: Audi RS5

8K rpm limit?
Awesome grill?
Nice buckets?
Das ist nice!

Do want.

I feel foolish for not noticing this, but vdk on CanadianDriver.com noted that it has the exact same 8250 rpm as the naturally-aspirated 4.2L V8 in the B7 RS4 and the base R8. I'd be surprised if they just used the same engine as the B7 RS4, as it doesn't give a power or torque advantage over the M3 (like the S4 has over the 335i), but maybe that's what they did?

If they brought the price down to M3 range, I could understand why they didn't do any additional engineering that would have given a power advantage over an M3. Are you listening, Audi?

I'm guessing since this is just a 2 door RS4 it'll have the 4.2 V8. I predict with 15 or so more horsepower just because it's new.

450 HP, that is what i read some time ago.

I'm guessing since this is just a 2 door RS4 it'll have the 4.2 V8. I predict with 15 or so more horsepower just because it's new.

I know it would share an engine with whatever a B8 RS4 has...but why would it share an engine with the outgoing B7 RS4? I kind of expected a change there.

Looks great, I would bet it will have the V8 4.2 with 10-15 more HP over RS4 just to have that small power advantage over an M3, but not too much to discourage people from buying the more expensive R8.

I don't care how much power it has. I would rather have an Audi with a V8 over any M3 ever, anyday. Ignore what Clarkson says - the cocks are still in the BMWs.

As for this car. They put the 4.2 back into RS Audis? Good - I didn't like the sound of that V6. This car is frankly, incredible, irrelevant of technical power. SO MUCH WANT.
squirrel_do_want.jpg

Edit: \/ Also that.

Last edited:
Looks great. I'd take mine in blue metallic, with blue-accentented seats and these wheels
1659.jpg

That rear with that wing I think looks outstanding. I'll take one in papaya orange with gt1750's wheels right there ^^

Can anyone make an iphone wallpaper of that picture?

Well, how about you make it yourself? Save the pic to your comp, plug in your iPhone, sync the photo, select the pic, done.