Official: BMW M5 F10 Concept

I don't really get the AWD hate - from what I understand its not like you have to have it.

Now this is pure pr0n!

m5touringbbmr-1.jpg

m5touringbbst-1.jpg

m5touringbb-1.jpg

m5touringbbgr-1.jpg

m5touringstd-1.jpg

Source

No doubt it looks good, but like Aston Martin said, M5s are supposed to be understated, the ultimate sleeper saloon, this has just been M6ified into vulgarness

Wow...it sounds like a 4 cylinder. I'll take a secondhand V10 one instead. The big shouty one that gets bad mileage. :)

Is the S63 engine a flat-plane-crank engine? It sure sounds like it. This is the wrong sound, for me, for a super sedan. For a low slung Ferrari, sure, its that cars character and always has been. It just sounds a bit sissy in a big 4 door BMW.

Last edited:
Well actually, sans side vents it looks like a 535i with the M-sport pack.

Im not very tech savvy when it comes to cars, but those two white boxes in the front MUST be the turbos....right? If so...............EPIC.

They look like air filters.

Yes probably the intercoolers.

I was in Chicago all last week. On Saturday I was walking down Michigan avenue and an E60 Chassis M6 drove past, with modified exhaust. He was slowing down for a light and downshifted, with a throttle blip from the automated trans. The sound actually gave me shivers it was so incredible. I'm afraid this new V8 could never do the same. :/

New BMW M5 scooped

Full Article

24511115948114234x155.jpg

The production version of BMW?s all-new M5 has been spied in testing as it nears its launch in the autumn.

BMW showed a thinly veiled concept version of the new super-saloon at last month?s Shanghai motor show.

It is set to appear in production form at September?s Frankfurt show, complete with revised door sills, front and rear bumpers and wing mirrors, all of which are camouflaged in this test car caught near the N?rburgring.

See the latest BMW M5 spy pics

The new M5?s twin-turbocharged 4.4-litre V8 engine makes 552bhp and 510lb ft of torque ? a solid 52bhp and 126lb ft more than the outgoing model?s naturally aspirated 5.0-litre V10, which is being discontinued after just seven years.

It should be capable of a 0-62mph time of around 4.5sec. Top speed, like all M division cars, will be limited to 155mph, although a longer final drive ratio and taller gearing, made possible by the turbo V8?s hefty torque, lift the theoretical top speed to over 180mph.

Full story - BMW confirms M5 with AWD

BMW also claims a significant 25 per cent improvement in fuel economy over the outgoing V10, thanks to the inclusion of EfficientDynamic features such as brake energy recuperation, a disengaging alternator and stop-start function.

A four-wheel-drive M5 is also on the cards, to satisfy demand from the snow belt in the US, where all-wheel-drive Mercedes/AMG and Audi models are selling well.

The car will go on sale in the UK in November, priced at around ?75k.