Official Discussion Thread of the 2009 Formula 1 Season

vikiradTG2007

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Working on it
Well, boys and girls, this is it. 10-team testing ends today. There are 14 and a half days left to the moment when the first wheel starts to roll in Melbourne, the first engine fires up and the first car leaves the pitlane and exits onto the Albert Park Circuit.

Devon shall be doing the race threads as per last year, and I'll be filling in for him on that function in case he is unable to start the thread.

So, as the time when the bullshit stops and the track action begins is nearing us, what do you think? What do you expect from the 2009 season at this moment?

Let the discussions begin... And LET THE RACING BEGIN!!!!! :mrgreen:

And... oops, sorry for the pompous thread title. :p

First post :)

It is always exciting when the cars roll onto the circuit for the first time and then the wait for the lights to turn off at the start of the race is unbearable.

I hope that at some point I'm able to get used to the look of the '09 cars.

It'll be great to kick the season off - I've not paid much attention to testing times since they can be so misleading, so I'm going in with an open mind.

You're one of many, but personally I'm already used to it and I don't mind it any longer. The only bug I have is that the front wing and the front suspension width is identical. They should have also made the car 20cm wider...

I looked at a picture from 2008 the other day, and I was like "wow, what a wide and low rear wing" so maybe I'm on the way to getting used to it...

I'm really looking forward to this season. So much uncertainity - I hope there will be a few surprises.

I bitched and moaned about how nasty the 2009 cars looked, but I have to admit I'm already 90% used to them.

Melbourne is going to be truly exciting, so many changes that it's hard to predict who's going to end up where.

Do we know which cars will be running with KERS?

There's a great poster in the new Motor magazine (Australia only) of the McLaren MP4/24. (Too bad its the wrong car :p)

I think this season is looking to be more of a drivers season, as there is such close competition. it's going to be awesome. let it begin immediately! I can't take it anymore.

I hate to say this, but my feeling is that Lewis won't be getting a successive driver's title this year, due to quite a lot of reasons, such as his driving style, the strain on the tyres, his car, etc.

Let's hope I am god-damn-to-hell wrong and that all gets fixed when the lights go off at Melbourne.

After tyre-gate I said I wasn't going to watch F1 anymore.

When we lost the US GP I said I wasn't going to watch F1 anymore.

After Stepneygate I said I wasn't going to watch F1 anymore.

When Honda pulled out I said I wasn't going to watch F1 anymore.

So why am I still waiting for the 29th? :rolleyes:

Because the F1 bug is ultimately impossible to shake off.

I still need convincing on the whole KERS thing. F1 isn't the Wacky Races.

I guess we can only fully make up our mind about KERS (curse? LOL) once we see everyone using it, and to see if all the trouble is really worth it...

I do find it amusing how the drivers have taken to practicing how to jump out of the car properly, due to hazards that KERS seems to bring.

---

If your car stops due to a KERS-related problem:

Step 1: Unbuckle your seat belt, take off the steering wheel, and hoist yourself out of the car.

Step 2: Place both feet firmly on your car. Get ready to jump.

Step 3 & 4: Take a leap of faith. Whatever you do, however you choose to jump, just make sure that both feet leave your car and land on the ground together, at the same time. (i.e. do not do one feet on the ground one feet on the car)

Step 5 & 6: Once safely out of your car, check to see what the hell went wrong with it.

---

Sorry, I was bored. Couldn't help it. :\

Last edited:
I'd be watching this year's 29th like I'm watching a F3 match.

No, seriously. I stand by my statement that these year its Formula 1 drivers in F3 cars.

Can't wait for the season hopefully we have more of the same like last season with even more winners and say 8 or 9 drivers fighting for the title!

Whoa. Was Vettel really practicing the KERS drill?

I bitched and moaned about how nasty the 2009 cars looked, but I have to admit I'm already 90% used to them.

Melbourne is going to be truly exciting, so many changes that it's hard to

How did you get to such a specific percentage. Are you slowly drawing a bar graph? Whats on your X & Y axis?

Because it is F1 :)

diapo_195.jpg

"I better have a look at what everyone will be looking at this year".