Official Discussion Thread of the 2009 Formula 1 Season

^^That kind of stuff always impresses me. You only see hwo difficult the job is when something goes wrong, and it rarely does...

Yeah, that's why, so far, Mr. Humphrey there has probably been the true star of BBC's F1 broadcast. He can handle all of this and still maintain a natural look and feel about everything he says and does. Plus, as he said in one of his blogs, he keeps doing research on various aspects before each event.

Also, why did you change your username? :lol:

Humphrey is a great presenter, I could tell from the start how dedicated he is and it really shows. He conveys himself really well and is very smooth in the buildups and I think he would be great as a commentator, probably better than Legard.

Humphrey is a great presenter, I could tell from the start how dedicated he is and it really shows. He conveys himself really well and is very smooth in the buildups and I think he would be great as a commentator, probably better than Legard.

Also, the thing that really made me admire him was his calm demeanor when interviewing Mosley at Silverstone, and the fact that he squeezed some interesting tidbits out of him in that interview (like forcing Max into naming the FOTA teams "the loonies", for example).

Also, why did you change your username? :lol:

:p You like it? I was getting tired of the caps screaming the obvious fact that I am the real stig. So I settled for the name the queen would give me...if she knew me...

Last edited:
I threw it up on viddler because youtube was complaining about FOM owning the content.

http://www.viddler.com/explore/wasd/videos/1/

Thanks very much for posting that :D Holy crap Jake Humphrey...how the hell does he manage to do his job and look so normal on camera with all that other information coming in his ear!? I would just be completely lost. That is talent.

Yeah, kudos to Jake and David and Eddie. Half the time I didn't even know who said what and what was being said

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2009/07/14/nurburgring-refuses-to-go-full-time/
N?rburgring refuses to go full-time
14 July 2009

A shadow has been cast upon the future of the German Grand Prix as the N?rburgring has said that it will not be taking full reigns of the event after Hockenheim's requested departure from the F1 calendar. The two venues are currently hosting the race on an alternating basis, although the Grand Prix is set to have no home for 2010.

With Hockenheim due to the host the race next year, local authorities - which own 96% of the venue - have already announced that ?6m losses from 2008 cannot be sustained; with the council no longer assisting and administrators at Hockenheim seemingly stranded in finding a solution, general assumptions would place the German Grand Prix at the N?rburgring for the second consecutive year although the Eifel-located track has said that it would not be happy with this arrangement, as the current deal is a stronger financial proposition.

Hockenheim looks unlikely to return to the F1 calendar
Hockenheim looks unlikely to return to the F1 calendar

"We are definitely not available for next year, we are planning only for 2011," N?rburgring manager director Walker Kafitz told Autosport, adding that only a cutback in its race hosting fee from commercial rights holder Formula One Management (FOM) may persuade a change of mind. "Bernie (Ecclestone, head of FOM) could manage it but I cannot imagine that he is willing to accept my wish."

Although his circuit may not be willing to fill the breach under current circumstances, Kafitz is keen to see the sport remain in the country. "I can't imagine having no F1 year in Germany," he continued. ""I am very optimistic that we can get Germany a solution for every year."
I suggest EuroSpeedway Lausitz (full track) to at least be the alternative track.

Last edited:
Bring back Imola FFS.