Official Discussion Thread of the 2009 Formula 1 Season

I also wonder when Jensen will get his first retirement.

Listening the Chequered flag podcast and they raised that very good point.

Loeb still thinking of Formula 1 future

By Jonathan Noble Tuesday, August 25th 2009, 10:19 GMT

Sebastien Loeb testing for Red Bull at BarcelonaSebastien Loeb is still interested in trying his hand at Formula 1 in the future, with the Frenchman saying on Tuesday that he is willing to answer his curiosity about just what he could do in a grand prix.

French newspaper L'Equipe revealed on Tuesday that representatives of Loeb have contacted the new Team US F1 about the possibility of selected appearances in 2010.

And although Loeb could yet make his F1 debut for Scuderia Toro Rosso in the season-closing race in Abu Dhabi, he has also expressed a desire to try out more races in the future if there was a chance.

"After the Abu Dhabi episode, Toro Rosso asked me whether I really wanted to make it in F1," he told L'Equipe.

"From my side, I wanted to know if I was of interest to anyone, just out of curiosity. A person I know therefore made contact with this new team [US F1]. I do not know what he said."

He added: "I am enjoying myself driving a WRC car, and I'm about to extend my deal with Citroen.

"However, if the opportunity to race in one of more grands prix in 2010 occurred when the F1 and rally schedules do not clash, then why not?

"Rather than constantly asking the question, what could I do in F1? I might as well give it a go. At least, then I would be sure."
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/77987

Looks to me like he really will be driving in Abu Dhabi...

There are rumours that Force India Fisherman's Friend hasn't yet paid up in full the release from its Ferrari engine contract, and this will be part of that payment. And while Fisi would be driving the red cars, Liuzzi would be taking his seat.

I emphasize though, it's all just rumours so far. Let's see what the Badger can do this weekend and what Ferrari decide after Spa.
Whoa.

Its like slavery; using people to pay for the deal.

I mean, it would be Fizzy's time of his life; driving a red car, and Apple Cinnamon could pay off its deal. Not too bad if I am Fizzy himself.

Oh and about the bad-odor badger, forget it, I was looking at his driving at BALENTHIA, he didnt brake at the extreme sides, using all the road, his lines were fucked up, and he was fast where he didnt need to be (pit line anyone?)

I mean, you didnt need to slow down coming into the pits during testing days ? And that your best tracks are Jerez, Sakhir, etc ? What about the simulator ? Fail mate, fail.

Kimi Raikkonen believes it will be hard for his Ferrari team to retain third place in the constructors' championship this season.

Although the Italian squad has made progress since the start of the campaign, the Maranello outfit decided to stop development on this year's car.

Rival McLaren is now in fourth position, just five places behind and with a bigger momentum than the Italians.

Despite Raikkonen finishing on the podium at the European Grand Prix last Sunday, the Finn is aware that keeping third place will be a difficult goal to achieve.

"I really enjoy winning, but even a third place can give you some good feelings," said Raikkonen.

"We started into the European GP from the sixth position on the starting grid, we had a good start and we managed to gain another place on the podium: we can hardly expect more than this.

"With the points we gained, we are still ahead of McLaren in the constructors' championship. This is our goal as a team, but it's very difficult to reach, considering that we stopped developing this car, concentrating on the one for the upcoming season."

The Ferrari driver said his target for this weekend's Belgian Grand Prix is to repeat the Valencia feat and be in the top three again.

"The main goal is to hold the standard of the last races, which means that we have to try to get on the podium again," he added.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/77995

If the bold part is true then expect ferrari to fall lower and lower in races as the end of the season comes closer

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvdqxTLcrPw&feature=channel[/YOUTUBE]

A trip around the SPA circuit by Marc Gene in a simulation..as far as I make of it, it's rFactor.

Montezemolo gives Badoer one more chance, Bianchi waits for call up

Ferrari president Luca Montezemolo chaired a meeting yesterday at Maranello at which it was confirmed that Luca Badoer would be given the opportunity to have a second race in the Ferrari.
Picture 23

But, according to La Gazzetta dello Sport, he has been told that unless he does something pretty special, he may well be replaced for the following race at Monza.

The range of alternatives has not really changed much, which is to say that there aren?t really any. So it would be interesting to see what they would do if Badoer remained a long way off the pace of Raikkonen.

By then they should know more about Felipe Massa?s condition and the likelihood of his return. He will be assessed on Friday in Florida by Dr Steve Olvey, who has put quite a few damaged racers back in the cockpit, like Alex Zanardi and Cristiano da Matta.

Schumacher ruled himself out with injury, Marc Gene is not considered fast enough and replacing Badoer with him might be considered jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire.

The team ruled out Bourdais and Piquet because they didn?t want to be seen taking on other people?s rejects.

I mentioned yesterday that team principal Stefano Domenicali has accepted that the team should have had a young driver programme in place and will announce one soon. In general Ferrari only take experienced drivers to race, but in the early 2000s they had Felipe Massa as a test driver, releasing him to do some more racing at Sauber in 2005 before taking him back as a more mature race driver in 2006.

As for who the recruits will be, interestingly the Gazzetta mentions the name of Jules Bianchi, a 20 year old Frenchman who is dominating the Euro F3 series, the series which launched Sebastian Vettel into F1 in 2006. Bianchi could clinch that series as soon as the Spanish round on 20th September, which would give him a superlicence. Like Massa he is managed by Nicholas Todt, son of Jean.

I?ve not seen him race yet, but friends who know their karting well say that he was exceptional and now in his fourth season in car racing, he seems one of the brightest talents coming through at the moment. Todt has not lined him up with Renault or any other young driver programme as far as I know.

Could he be the first recruit of the Ferrari young driver programme?

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/

vikiradTG2007 said:
Definitely rF.

But the mod is unfarmiliar to me..none of the current 2009 mods are this good..probably an in house made by Ferrari themselves..

Nobody has yet made such a good shape..LMT has the best one, but it doesn't look like this..

Well, probably enough of this, don't wan't to go too much into offtopic.. =)

Ferrari really need a Young Driver Program. But the prerequisite is that there MUST be some sort of in-season testing. Looks likely that Bianchi will be part of the Program.

They should of hired piquet to drive while massa was out.
The team ruled out Bourdais and Piquet because they didn?t want to be seen taking on other people?s rejects.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvdqxTLcrPw&feature=channel[/YOUTUBE]

A trip around the SPA circuit by Marc Gene in a simulation..as far as I make of it, it's rFactor.
I like how he says "on the throttle for a LONG TIME~~"

Feels gay. :lol:

In other rumours, the lack of rumours regarding new driver signings for 2010, the rumours that Red Bull and Williams want to end their engine contracts, Jarno Trulli's contract with Toyota not being renewed as of this moment, Renault's ING sponsorship deal ending after this season is over, all of this points more and more towards a major blow at the end of this season coming from the Renault and Toyota camps.