Official Facelifted BMW 3-Series

Its a nice enough car and all of that. But I'm just not really "feelin'" BMW's at the minute.

I'd much rather have an Audi, Lexus, Saab, Volvo or Alfa Romeo is I was buying a small executive car.

I'm kind of wondering what it is that everyone expects from BMW. It seems like you just want them to just go back to the 90's styling and leave it at that. Well obviously they cannot do that, and I agree that the designers seem very lost and are unsure of what the hell to do. This kind of car is very hard to style... it's supposed to be conservative yet powerful yet quintessentially a BMW. They cannot make huge changes. How many times can you redesign something and yet keep it looking essentially the same?

I sure would not want that job.

seems to have worked quite well for porsche :)

porsche_911_evolution.jpg

The sales figures of BMW show they are probably better now than ever.
Yet, I can't escape the feeling that a BMW used to be Hemingway, and now it's Beckham.

Perhaps with the global economic slowdown, BMW might not fare so well in the next couple of years, especially with their smaller cars. Competition from the likes of Vauxhall, Honda, Citroen and Ford might just start to steal some of those sales back...

Looks alright, still a bit fat. But I'd never give them my money for that lazy attempt. Bangle can do better, even on a volume car.

^ Give them five years and they'll be back, their new cars aren't that bad

Heck they've even removed the bangle butt on their new models.