Official korean food thread (no dogs)

king-prawns-veg-fry-bean-paste.png

OH F*CK YES!

Best product ever.

There's a street near where I work that has nothing but Korean restaurants, and I love going there since its damn good value for money and delicious.

And I'm permanently addicted to Kimchi.

Last edited:
As a South Korean, I love Bulgolgi, but I can't stand kimchi. When you're in Seoul, according to my adoptive parents, all you can smell is Garlic, if not it's Chilli.

I still haven't been able to go to a decent Korean Restaurant. And I've only been to one once.

Also, for my first birthday, Mum put on a Korean banquet, including a Korean Birthday Cake. Apparently it tasted bad.

Last edited:
Bulgogi and Karbi are amazing, and pretty much a staple on the Korean menu that me and my friends order, however, I'm a huge fan of Kampungi as well. I can't find a picture, but it's like a deep fried spicy boneless chicken wing dish. It's phenomenal... so tasty.

As a bit of an aside, I love drinking Hite with my Korean food, it's like drinking sparkling water. It's the freshest beer I've had :lol:.

As a bit of sacrilege, if the Bulgogi you eat is not very tasty, have a bottle of Mad Dog 357 on hand, because a little bit of MD357 added to your slightly bland Bulgogi ends up tasting absolutely amazing. Be sure to have a cast iron stomach though, this stuff is SPICY.

There is a rather average Korean BBQ place across the street from my place, and when I'm in the mood, I go there with the roommate and a bottle of MD357. It's a bit of an eccentric ritual that has to be done once every few months. It's great :)

Just came back from a recent trip to Seoul, managed to snapshot a few things I ate

Spicy pork w rice

4585274073_1da243d7cc.jpg

Traditional korean style breakfast (sizzling rice in tea + chestnuts, kimchi radish soup, grilled spicy fish, other random pickled veggies)

4585705282_b4f54dbb24.jpg

Breaded pork cutlet + kimchi +rice bowl

4585273419_71e2a948df.jpg

Kkalguksoo (knife cut noodle soup)

4585705822_687f5a5f70.jpg

Went to this euro style cafe where they did some interesting stuff

like Belgian style waffles + dukbokki (spicy rice cake)

4585699674_ca76295f94.jpg

Sweet black bean shave ice + sesame ice cream

4585698994_ee05c7bee3.jpg

Not everything was great, I did have this once with my relatives, I had the chance to try some raw, fermented skate sashimi

2520729070_f45cc694fa.jpg

2485710419_a0ca213942.jpg

http://www.zenkimchi.com/FoodJournal/archives/496

Much like that weird Icelandic delicacy 'rotted shark' its urea-filled meat is toxic fresh, so it has to be fermented to let most of the toxins leech out so you won't die eating it but it still tastes horrible, like ammonia bathroom tile cleaner. I wouldn't have even touched it except I remember that Bizarre Foods guy trying some on tv during the korea ep so I had a few thinking 'if the bald, fat man can stomach it, so can I'. It was pretty disgusting and i'll never eat it again.

Hahahahaha, my Cambodian friend has had that and pretends that he didn't mind it. Judging by his taste in other foods, I'm positive he hated it.

Hahahahaha, my Cambodian friend has had that and pretends that he didn't mind it. Judging by his taste in other foods, I'm positive he hated it.

It's one of those 'put hair on your chest' foods.

I know what you mean. I'll happily live without that extra hair. I hold the same view on eating anything live... I don't think I can handle something squirming around in my mouth as I consume it.