Official: 'Top Gear' coming to History this fall

So Carolla isn't actually involved in it at all?

Ahhhh shit, I strongly dislike Adam Ferrara.

TG:USA gets it's own Jason Dawe. Who will they replace him with in S2?

Are FX and Speed owned by the same company? If so, might explain those...ahem..."left-field" choices.

Ahhhh shit, I strongly dislike Adam Ferrara.

I dunno, I'd like to see a man who refers to The Vatican as "tacky" and "Graceland with Jesus" have a go at what The Big Three have to offer.

TG:USA gets it's own Jason Dawe. Who will they replace him with in S2?

Are FX and Speed owned by the same company? If so, might explain those...ahem..."left-field" choices.

Hmm? How is FX at all related to Gear? The show is to air on History, which is owned by A&E Television Networks.

I've never liked Adam Corolla, so that's a plus. He's such an annoying smug ass. I don't know anything about any of the hosts (other than the little blurbs about who they are) so I don't know, I'll just have to wait and see.

I have a feeling they would have no problems recasting some people if this were to be renewed for a second season. Hopefully it works out to be a nice filler in between the summer and winter TG series. Its really not fair to expect the BBC version.

So this is the executive producer for the show? Someone who, otherwise being a supervising producer for Survivor, hasn't actually ever worked on or produced a show for longer than two seasons?

With shows like "Major League Gaming", "Shaq vs.", and "Celebrity Bull Riding Challenge" under his belt, this can only end well.

Last edited:
Yeah, executive producer. :p EP is a pretty ambiguous title though... but in any case, the success or failure of the show will have next to nothing (0.01%) to do with an EP.

I have a feeling they would have no problems recasting some people if this were to be renewed for a second season. Hopefully it works out to be a nice filler in between the summer and winter TG series. Its really not fair to expect the BBC version.

This.

There's no reason it has to replace TopGear UK. Just give us something to fill the gaps between the series.

I'm excited that there will be a third car show for me to watch. However, from what I've heard of Foust, not so sure this is gonna be a great show. Obviously this can't and won't compete with BBC's Top Gear, but hopefully it'll be more entertaining that the rest of the junk American TV Car Shows. :thumbup:

Just curious, and not standing up for these three US Top Gear guys, but what were people's opinions of the UK Top Gear 3 before they each joined their respective seasons? Anyone know? Maybe expectations were low for them, too...?

Sincerely being curious here. :)

Just curious, and not standing up for these three US Top Gear guys, but what were people's opinions of the UK Top Gear 3 before they each joined their respective seasons? Anyone know? Maybe expectations were low for them, too...?

Sincerely being curious here. :)

I actually didn't mind Jason Dawe, his stuff just wasn't "funny", but had more of a consumer reports kinda thing going on with his car buying advice. :) I doubt he'd do well with the stuff that's going on now but who knows..

Yeah, exactly, he wasn't funny, his stuff was dull contemporary advice. And I'm glad they axed that stuff from new format Top Gear because it's only valid when the episode first airs and it has zero entertainment value.

Is Andy Wilman involved at all? If not, then I'm a little worried.

Is episode 1 going to be the one with Carolla and Stromer?

Last edited:
Hmm? How is FX at all related to Gear? The show is to air on History, which is owned by A&E Television Networks.

One of those guys is on Rescue Me, which airs on FX in the US. (Showtime here in Canada IIRC)

If those channels are owned by A&E, then it would (better) explain their picks to be host.

For the record, I remain cautiously optimistic.