Official Top Gear DVDs

static

Top Gear is very popular TV show in Europe. How come there are no season boxes released or am I just unable to find any?

It would be so nice to have whole season in one dvd box with nice artwork, high quality audio and video.
Don't get me wrong, VUK's releases are excellent for PC's but with big screen TV I'd prefer higher bitrate video and audio.

I managed to find some best of-dvds but those are not really worth purchasing.
There are much less popular tv-series on DVD but why not Top Gear?

Yea that would be great but since the BBC is government funded they are not thinking about the profit.

VUK said:
Yea that would be great but since the BBC is government funded they are not thinking about the profit.

Of course they are thinking about profit at some level. At least the government that manages BBC is. It serves the public as well to produce dvd-collections from series that are popular.
And there are many BBC-productions that are on dvd. Like Black Adder, Spooks and The Office.

That's why I can't find any good reasons why Top Gear is not yet on dvd.

static said:
VUK said:

Of course they are thinking about profit at some level. At least the government that manages BBC is. It serves the public as well to produce dvd-collections from series that are popular.
And there are many BBC-productions that are on dvd. Like Black Adder, Spooks and The Office.

That's why I can't find any good reasons why Top Gear is not yet on dvd.

my guess is that cars come and go... blackadder, the office, etc are shows that can be watched long after they were made.

Top Gear DVDs would have very limited appeal, there's only really the die hard fans like us that will buy them, therefore it isn't really worth it. Plus shows like top gear are fairly time specific, they refer to fairly current events a lot, so they won't age well.

Yea, good points, I haven't thought it about that way.
Like Greatgraddage said, Top Gears don't age nearly as well as for example Black Adders.

Top Gear DVDs would have very limited appeal, there's only really the die hard fans like us that will buy them, therefore it isn't really worth it. Plus shows like top gear are fairly time specific, they refer to fairly current events a lot, so they won't age well.

Thats exactly why this place exist, to do a service to its members all over the world!

8)

andyhui01 said:
wow VUK... haven't seen you posting here for while... miss your viper sig :D

lol I am here in the background always watching... :shock:

...and Im Usama Bin Laden.

And thanks to justin syders confession this forum will be nuked by The Government :mrgreen:

Okay it has limited appeal and yeah it doesn't keep fresh that well but I'd buy them all anyway. Anamorphic 16:9 Jeremy Clarkson and DTS 5.1 juiced Ferrari growling would be sot hot!

:oops: :oops:

I mean, i meant to do that, yeah. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Well, to be absolutely correct in spelling, it should be Usama and not Osama. The guys who first transliterated the celebrity(!) terrorist's name into English from Arabic didn't probably realize that there is no 'O' in Arabic but there is 'U'.

:p