Official World Cup 2006 Thread?

watching now... i think germany is a contender to win the world cup, but their defence is quite poor. great 1st goal though

mgkdk said:
:huh: World Cup :think:

Ohh, that thing that has danish police worried that the swedes and brits will meet in Denmark and fight :roll:

Oh, please.

English fans are hooligans; Scottish fans [the Tartan Army] were voted nicest fans of the tournament in 1998.

Not all Brits are hooligans.

teeb said:
mgkdk said:
:huh: World Cup :think:

Ohh, that thing that has danish police worried that the swedes and brits will meet in Denmark and fight :roll:

Oh, please.

English fans are hooligans; Scottish fans [the Tartan Army] were voted nicest fans of the tournament in 1998.

Not all Brits are hooligans.

I'm not saying they are ;) I don't think anything will happend, the :roll: was because I think they are exagerating here, they have been talking about it for weeks.

Well..I have four teams to support!

Countries of my Heratige:

pol.gif
POLAND!!
ger.gif
GERMANY!
eng.gif
ENGLAND!

And of course my native country...the hated

usa.gif
USA!

And Poland v Ecuador is starting in about 5 minutes, so I'll sure to be watching!

So, Germany 4-2 Costa Rica, good match. Poland 0-2 Ecuador. Awful match from what I saw! Mixed start!

I hope the French soccer team will loose quickly and most of all won't win this world cup .
I really don't want to relive in a country where everyone is wearing football shirts with the name of Zidane on it or worse with their own name.(like in 98 ,suddenly every French discovered he had a passion for soccer .)

PLEASE you the guys in blue shirts LOOSE (like you perfectly did in 2002 in Korea) FOR THE GOOD OF OUR NATION.

But I wouldn't mind at all if a French was finally winning Roland Garros(Noah come back)or a French team winning Le mans(Pescarolo , Loeb on you we depend)!!!

Mischief007 said:
<---- all the way. They play Ecuador today and hopefully will win. I'm just worried about Germany in our group.

Oh dear. That must have hurt. :lol:

Ecuador showed off some great football. I'm going to say that if they can get their defense and midfield in check, they'll cause some trouble for Germany.

The German defense was horrible. They were great when they pushed the ball forward, though. Ballack is really going to make that attack solid. But like I said, their defense was, as we say in Egypt, like soup.

African teams all the way! Expect some serious upsets, starting with Argentina tommorow at the hands of the Elephants.

peter3hg2 said:
I'm going to be in Germany for two weeks about a week after the final. If theres any trouble I think i'm goin to have to pretend to be Canadian or Australian.

Better do that, you'd be surprised about the number of people that are still furious about the Wembley-goal in the final in 1966. But since I don't belong to this group: GO, ENGLAND! (And Germany - but I fear that they won't go too far if they don't improve their defense in the next games)

My Polish friends sure did get a great game from Ecuador. Let's hope they can get some more aggressiveness for the goal..

swek said:
Mischief007 said:
<---- all the way. They play Ecuador today and hopefully will win. I'm just worried about Germany in our group.

Oh dear. That must have hurt. :lol:

It did :(. There's a few Polish fans and we were dissapointed. Oh well. Lets beat Germany and Costa Rica.

peter3hg2 said:
I'm going to be in Germany for two weeks about a week after the final. If theres any trouble I think i'm goin to have to pretend to be Canadian or Australian.

Unless you have a North American accent, forget about being Canadian.

Ultra_Kool_Dude said:
I hope England goes far and plays Germany and/or France. I want to hear some of these hilarious chants:

If it wasn't for...

If it wasn't for the English you'd be Krauts
If it wasn't for the English
Wasn't for the English
(To be sung in France)

Two World Wars

Two World Wars and one World Cup
Doo dar, doo dar
Doo dar, doo dar day
(To be sung whenever Germans are near)

There were ten German bombers in the air,
There were ten German bombers, Ten German bombers,

And the RAF from England shot one down,
And the RAF from England, The RAF from England,
And the RAF from England shot one down.....

Kebab gud said:
M3lover said:
Since DK didn't make it, i guess I will be supporting Brazil because they play fantastic football, atleast until some unexpected underdog turns up.
for the love of the Kalmar union you must support the hated sweeds :p

dk_ku.gif

No! No! No! England, Paraguay and Trinidad&Tobago, your sacred duty is to not let Sweden win!

CanadianLoonie said:
Ultra_Kool_Dude said:
I hope England goes far and plays Germany and/or France. I want to hear some of these hilarious chants:

If it wasn't for...

If it wasn't for the English
Wasn't for the English
(To be sung in France)

Two World Wars

Doo dar, doo dar
Doo dar, doo dar day
(To be sung whenever Germans are near)

There were ten German bombers, Ten German bombers,

And the RAF from England, The RAF from England,
And the RAF from England shot one down.....
One world cup and two world wars...
five one... five one... five one.
And obviously you have to do the Dambusters.