Official World Cup 2006 Thread?

Henry's definately didn't look like a dive and I'm very surprised that the guy who fouled him didn't get a card - Henry had every chance of scored if he'd have gotten to that ball and that in my mind is a red card offence.

crookie said:
At least portugal didn't get a penalty kick for their dives like france did. Henry seems to dive as much as Figo if not more.

What match did you watch?!?

Everybody knows that a Portugal vs. Italy game would be much more exciting. Portugal hasn't made it this far since 1966. I always root for the underdog (unless it's Brazil!).

Firecat said:
crookie said:
At least portugal didn't get a penalty kick for their dives like france did. Henry seems to dive as much as Figo if not more.

What match did you watch?!?

Agreed.... Someone needs to tell Portugal they're playing on grass, not water.

This is going to be the most boring world cup final ever. Italy will defend and France will defend. They go to penalty shootout in a 0-0 stalemate and that is the end of that.

Thankfully the German vs. Portugal match will bring some excited to our lives

IVIaster said:
This is going to be the most boring world cup final ever. Italy will defend...

Seems like you fell asleep before the Ger vs. It match even started. I've never seen a more offensive orientated Italy... :?

Well it looks like this one's in the bag and well deserved so. I thought Portugal played like crap throughout this WC. Ricardo was the only "player" that that deserved any credit. Absolutely brilliant defending from Kahn, and congrats to zhe Germans for a game well played and one of teh most exciting teams to watch this entire tournament.

RoamingGnome said:
Well it looks like this one's in the bag and well deserved so. I thought Portugal played like crap throughout this WC. Ricardo was the only "player" that that deserved any credit. Absolutely brilliant defending from Kahn, and congrats to zhe Germans for a game well played and one of teh most exciting teams to watch this entire tournament.

When Portugual's midfield stuck together for a few moments ~ then it worked. They have a whole team without 1 working striker

tianluo said:
RoamingGnome said:

When Portugual's midfield stuck together for a few moments ~ then it worked. They have a whole team without 1 working striker

Since I can remember, our lack of a good finishing striker has been complicated for us... A portuguese striker is more of an midfielder with striking abilities. All of our strikers are shitty!

I don't know why everybody is complaining about the dives... We had the match vs France that was an embarasement to our people(in my opinion)... But if you have eyes on your face, you would see that henry's penalty was a pure fuckin' dive...

And don't you all be acting like Portugal is the only team that have diving activities... And the ones that say that, probably are just re-telling what they've heard from some media guy, and think that, by telling such crap actually makes them look smart on a football point of view...

So, for God sake, shut up about the Portuguese divers and try to be partial on criticizing a match!

Geeeez!

MarcoM said:
But if you have eyes on your face, you would see that henry's penalty was a pure fuckin' dive...

:roll:

Are you saying that the Carvalho didn't make contact with Henry? And that Henry just fell down, even though if he stayed with the ball he would have had an open shot on goal?

Whose backing France to win tommorow?

Does someone want to do a "sig bet" - backing France? Whoever wins gets control of the other person's sig space for two weeks. 8)

I'm backing France. It's not that I'm confident they will win, I just want them to win. 8)

I'll take your sig bet. I'd have to put my revolutionary brothers away, but it's all good.

Ultra_Kool_Dude said:
^ Alright it's on! 8)

I'm thinking something republican for your sig. :lol:

DAMN! I wish i saw this when it was a fresh bet.

I'm backing France and woulda loved to be in on this.