Official World Cup 2006 Thread?

Awesome-O I'm thinking Firecat should get Justins sig and UKD should get the Canadian flag with "Basicly Americans with funny accents" written on it. :thumbsup:

^ I'm not worried because I'm going to win. 8)

For Firecat I'm thinking Bill Oreilly, Bush, and Hasselhoff titled "my heroes", with "support the troops" below. :lol:

:lol:

Firecat said:
:roll:

Are you saying that the Carvalho didn't make contact with Henry? And that Henry just fell down, even though if he stayed with the ball he would have had an open shot on goal?

No, I'm saying that Henry was going to persue the play and then he changed his mind, making a fall after he was clearly equilibrated...
You can see it on his leg's movement and on his face...

But hey, what's done is done... but you can't be imparcial viewing a football match...
;)

MarcoM said:
Firecat said:

Are you saying that the Carvalho didn't make contact with Henry? And that Henry just fell down, even though if he stayed with the ball he would have had an open shot on goal?

No, I'm saying that Henry was going to persue the play and then he changed his mind, making a fall after he was clearly equilibrated...

But hey, what's done is done... but you can't be imparcial viewing a football match...
;)

He stumbled.... anyway, isn't it a funny coincidence that only Portugese people think it was a dive and EVERYONE else clearly sees that it wasn't one. You should really know better, being a nation of diving experts.

Ultra_Kool_Dude said:
^ I'm not worried because I'm going to win. 8)

For Firecat I'm thinking Bill Oreilly, Bush, and Hasselhoff titled "my heroes", with "support the troops" below. :lol:

lol...Well, do watch the O'Reilly facor...and Hasselhoff is awesome. The Bush part will take some getting used too :lol:

I'm not quite sure what I'll have for you........hmmm......i'll think of something, if not...i'm sure somebody else will HAHA.

Viva La France!

MarcoM said:
Firecat said:

;)

lol

Well, I can't really say what he was thinking. You could be right. Like in the Australia/Italy match, I think the penalty was appropriate, but at the same time i'm sure the Italian player could have avoided the Australian

MarcoM said:
Firecat said:

;)

He stumbled.... anyway, isn't it a funny coincidence that only Portugese people think it was a dive and EVERYONE else clearly sees that it wasn't one. You should really know better, being a nation of diving experts.

MarcoM said:
Firecat said:

;)

That's the beauty of the game. How many times have I yelled at players for diving/faking injuries and rolling on the floor afterwards only to be presented with a slow-mo from another angle which showed that there really was contact.

I don't think that was a penalty. Anyway, Italy has been playing better...hopefully France can pick it up in the 2nd half.