Official World Cup 2006 Thread?

osabros said:
italy won!! italy won!! :D
excellent game from the italians, the french were better at the 2nd half and extra time but italy's brilliant defenders just kept stopping them. well done cannavaro :thumbsup:
and what makes the victory even better is the french. malouda's two stupid dives in the penalty area, he deserved a red for those. and for me, zidane has just lost all the respect he ever had, what an idiot :thumbsdown:
and i'm looking forward to seeing what'll be in firecat's sig... :lol:

Dont be stupid, he hasnt lost any respect at all, he is still one of the best there ever will be. Peeps like you are with players when they are at peeks and when they make a mistake u suddenly pounce at the opportunity to degrade them, you should look at both sides, Materazzi must've said/done something really stupid, and i dont blame zidane, heat of the situation can get on anyone no matter how coolminded they are. Its just that i dont remember Zidane ever doing anything like this ever, too much expected from him, thats why you say that.

Nevertheless i am disappointed with the outcome.

tranceshakeel said:
osabros said:
excellent game from the italians, the french were better at the 2nd half and extra time but italy's brilliant defenders just kept stopping them. well done cannavaro :thumbsup:
and what makes the victory even better is the french. malouda's two stupid dives in the penalty area, he deserved a red for those. and for me, zidane has just lost all the respect he ever had, what an idiot :thumbsdown:

Dont be stupid, he hasnt lost any respect at all, he is still one of the best there ever will be. Peeps like you are with players when they are at peeks and when they make a mistake u suddenly pounce at the opportunity to degrade them, you should look at both sides, Materazzi must've said/done something really stupid, and i dont blame zidane, heat of the situation can get on anyone no matter how coolminded they are. Its just that i dont remember Zidane ever doing anything like this ever, too much expected from him, thats why you say that.

if you'll see i wrote for me. i've never had much respect for zidane in the first place, he's a great player and everything but i still don't like him.
and also, this isn't the first time i can recall that zidane has responded violently to being provoked. if i'm not mistaken in one of the early games in 1998 world cup, he fouled another player with no ball and got a red.

Zidane is the ultimate hero.

I wan't to get a huge tatoo of him on my back.

That was the greatest blow to Italian-style of unfair pussy-football ever. Viva la Zizou!

1152477419215_207.jpg

1152479330874_415.jpg

osabros said:
tranceshakeel said:
osabros said:

if you'll see i wrote for me. i've never had much respect for zidane in the first place, he's a great player and everything but i still don't like him.

Thats why I said peeps like you, and if you dont have respect for players as good as Zidane than im afraid you dont have respect for football

tranceshakeel said:
Thats why I said peeps like you, and if you dont have respect for players as good as Zidane than im afraid you dont have respect for football, and so pele must be nothing for you either, am i right ?

You don't have to respect people just because they are good at something. Thats like saying everyone should respect Hitler because he was a brilliant public speaker (a bit extreme I know).

:thumbsdown: :cry:

Congratulations Italia

but WHAT was that thing with Zidane ? :wall:

tranceshakeel said:
osabros said:
tranceshakeel said:
osabros said:

Thats why I said peeps like you, and if you dont have respect for players as good as Zidane than im afraid you dont have respect for football

are you going to start arguing with me about my views?? you're going to try and tell me how i should think about football??
personally i don't like zidane, i've never liked him, and the incident in the final just made me like him less.
and if you're still going to try and tell me how i should think about certain players, good luck ;)

hanasand said:
I thought you as an Israeli would like him now he has copied your agressive military politics in football.

burn. :yucky:
if you want to chat politics, do it in the politics forum. this is about the world cup here.
but i would add that what you just said proves you have no understanding at all of the situation here in israel.
and besides: who said i'm a right-winger that supports what my government is doing now?? not everybody here is supportive of it, y'know..

jensked said:
It's not like Buffon stopped any more goals...they won because Trezeguet flinched.

I think France was the better team, Italy just put everyone in defence and won the penalty shootout, that had more to do with luck then with anything else.

x2

They were extremely lucky throughout the whole tournament (remember the penalty in the 93. minute against Australia?), but it's the result that counts in the end - and no matter what the reason was, the reaction of Zidane was plain stupid.

osabros said:
are you going to start arguing with me about my views?? you're going to try and tell me how i should think about football??
personally i don't like zidane, i've never liked him, and the incident in the final just made me like him less.
and if you're still going to try and tell me how i should think about certain players, good luck ;)

ok then, you are entitled to your opinion, Fair enough.

Im sure you dont hate him because he is muslim right ? :p
no hard feelings dude, enjoy :mrgreen:

tranceshakeel said:
osabros said:

ok then, you are entitled to your opinion, Fair enough.

Im sure you dont hate him because he is muslim right ? :p
no hard feelings dude, enjoy :mrgreen:
it's football, religions don't go into the equation (at least for me).

osabros said:
hanasand said:
I thought you as an Israeli would like him now he has copied your agressive military politics in football.

burn. :yucky:
if you want to chat politics, do it in the politics forum. this is about the world cup here.
but i would add that what you just said proves you have no understanding at all of the situation here in israel.
and besides: who said i'm a right-winger that supports what my government is doing now?? not everybody here is supportive of it, y'know..

Allright I've moved my opinions to the politics forum. Please participate in
the debate.

And about my comment, it was mainly a pointless poke. I do that sometimes.

hanasand said:
Okay.

How long did it take you on Wikipedia to find the name of all those European countries?

One of my best friends is from Sweden +1
My brother lived in Finland +1
I'm half-Danish +1
You're from Norway -1

CAMPIONI DEL MONDO!!
CAMPIONI DEL MONDO!!
CAMPIONI DEL MONDO!!
CAMPIONI DEL MONDO!!
CAMPIONI DEL MONDO!!

GODOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO