Official World Cup 2006 Thread?

swek

Retired Moderator
Car(s)
Had a bicycle once.
The first game starting in a few hours and no thread in sight yet? I think we can do better so I went ahead and created The official Finalgear.com FIFA World Cup Germany 2006 thread.

Post your comments about the WC, the games, your hometeam whatever.

Go Germany! :mrgreen:

Bulgaria did not make it, which is good because now I won't be forced to watch all the games where my home team plays and pretend to be a hardcore soccer fan. :lol:

Oh, and living on the border of Holland-Germany, certainly doesn't promise anything good either. At my uni 1/2 the students are dutch the other half is german, so I'm not looking forward to this. :lol:

I'm going to record several matches so I can watch them when I have time, I just hope I don't find any news articles that spoil them for me. Which I probably will.

I'm supporting the teams that have players which I really ike. Brazil, Italy, and France.

Last world cup, Senegal had made things very exciting. We'll see if any teams has some surprise victories and creates a similar buzz.

Spain has been very strong, I'd say they are on top right now.

pdanev said:
Oh, and living on the border of Holland-Germany, certainly doesn't promise anything good either. At my uni 1/2 the students are dutch the other half is german, so I'm not looking forward to this. :lol:

That's awesome - you should fuel the flames. :twisted:

I was just watching a video on English etiquette training for the world cup on Yahoo. They're telling them not to use nazi salutes or chant about WWII. :lol:

I hope England goes far and plays Germany and/or France. I want to hear some of these hilarious chants:

If it wasn't for...

If it wasn't for the English you'd be Krauts
If it wasn't for the English
Wasn't for the English
(To be sung in France)

Two World Wars

Two World Wars and one World Cup
Doo dar, doo dar
Two World Wars and one World Cup
Doo dar, doo dar day
(To be sung whenever Germans are near)

Ultra_Kool_Dude said:
I hope England goes far and plays Germany and/or France. I want to hear some of these hilarious chants

There was an article in today's The Age about how the Poms are still obsessed about the War and the Nazi's and that they should shut up and get over it. Here is a link to the article. A very good read

Well, I think Australia will give Japan a run for their money. We've got a good as chance as anyone, all thanks to the bloody legend that is Guus Hiddink. Our only problem is the lack of depth in midfield and defence (partly due to Brett Emerton, who is our worst player). Japan is a good team but they're somewhat over-rated. The real battle will begin when we play Brazil and Croatia.

It's going to be awesome.

So we're in it, correct?

:huh: World Cup :think:

Ohh, that thing that has danish police worried that the swedes and brits will meet in Denmark and fight :roll:

Thanks god , It's in Germany ! Poor Germans this won't be a sinecure for you! enjoy the hooligans! :cry:

Meh, I'm a welshmap in england. It's hard with "World Cup Fever" upon everyone but me, flags on cars etc. Wales should be in it anyway, we're better than half the teams!

<---- all the way. They play Ecuador today and hopefully will win. I'm just worried about Germany in our group.

One of my workmates has put down $100 on Iran winning against Mexico. If they do, he'll quit his job cuz the odds are insane and he'll be rich as hell ...

He printed out a Iranian flag and taped it to the office wall over his pc .... :lol:

hazz

^^ That's great haz! :lol:

You know, some people made alot of money by betting that Lordi would win the Eurovision, why not Iran winning Mexico :D

Im a Scot and dont give a fuck about England, come on Brazil or Germany (that is a good possibility for the final)

Kebab gud said:
vRS said:
Im a Scot and dont give a fuck about England, come on Brazil or Germany (that is a good possibility for the final)
i find it funny that a scottsman dosent support england ..
im norwegian we didnt make it .. but i support sweden..
and i hate sweden! 8)
It's an age old rivalry. I'm sure we supported there opponents in the '74 and '78 final when we didn't qualify. They want to be independent of england as fair as i can tell although we have to bankroll all their projects (including there parliament).

I'm going to be in Germany for two weeks about a week after the final. If theres any trouble I think i'm goin to have to pretend to be Canadian or Australian.

Big up for Ghana - every person from Ghana I have ever met have been really nice and friendly. I hope that they do really well.