Official World Cup 2006 Thread?

yay Australia into the final 16!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Aussies!!!! and watch out Italy!

-- Ez

I HATE SBS!

I had an exam today so couldn't stay up and watch the match.

I have deliberately avoided the final score of the game. This was not easy, it meant not listening to the radio, not watching channels 7, 9 or 10, not visiting any site that may reveal the outcome.

So I manage this all day, come home from my exam to watch the replay at 5 and watch half the match. During halftime they show various ads for SBS shows, then comes the ad for the SBS news tonight and there lead story is the Socceroo's 2-2 draw with Croatia and how they are moving on the next round.

THANKS FOR SPOILING IT SBS! Just a hint, if you are showing the replay of something that is on when everyone is asleep....don't give away the score without warning!

Alright, Spain and Ukraine move onto the next round.

Spain defeated Saudi Arabia 1-0. Spain played a good first half, but was very lazy in the second half. It's odd because they didn't play their usual starters and gave other players an opportunity.....so i'm suprised they didn't try harder to impress.

Alright....

Spain Vs. France
Switzerland Vs. Ukraine

I love Zidane, and I want France to do well. But Spain is my team this year

Switzerland will have a walk over Ukraine. One of the least deserving teams to advance IMO.

I hope the Ghana team catches gonorrhea. :p

USA No. 3 in the world.
Well I think they've justified that ranking...

who said US is 3rd? Linky please.

I feel sorry for Ghana, having to face Brazil.

England-Ecuador should be challenging.

I got Spain at 14-1 before the World Cup started and Torres at 28-1 for top goalscorer - my bets are looking pretty good so far :)

***edit - btw mexico take the lead!!!!