Official World Cup 2006 Thread?

Zidane will discuss it during a live interview tonight. He also may be stripped of the award he won.

There are appearently several people trying to change sundays result. A french lawyer called M?hana Mouhou wants to annul sundays decision because of the possible use of video evidence for the red card. And appearently the Fifa passed a new rule on racism in march.
If any player, official or spectator behaving in a discriminatory or contemptuous manner can be attributed to a certain team, three points will automatically be deducted from that team for the first offence. In the case of a second offence, six points will be deducted, and after a further offence, the team will be relegated. In the case of matches played without points being awarded, the team in question will be disqualified.

Guess why Materazzi is denying to have called Zidane a terrorist.

Well, according to Zidane...he just insulted his mother and sister, there was no talk of racism etc.

I know, but given Italy's recent record in bribing :roll:
But the other thing is much more interesting, since the 4th referee took ages, he might have actually seen it on the screen. Although I think Fifa will just claim he saw the incident.

Taking the WC away from Italy would be a new low for FIFA. I know that they came down hard on teams for the acts of individuals before but this would be just too big.

Italy won it fair and square. No need to start conspiracy rumours.

What Zidane said........

Zidane2a.JPG

:lol:

-- Ez

Sorry but that has got to be the dumbest nickname for a team ever. Reason alone not to like them. That and the feact that their countrymen are the whinyest bunch of fans to grace the Earth. "The Ref and the Italian Dive queens screwed us boo-hoo" /end of rant

swek said:
Taking the WC away from Italy would be a new low for FIFA. I know that they came down hard on teams for the acts of individuals before but this would be just too big.

Of course it would be too big, but you shouldnt forget that racism is huge in Italian football and Italy anyway, maybe the Fifa should "educate" them. :roll:

hajj said:
swek said:

Of course it would be too big, but you shouldnt forget that racism is huge in Italian football and Italy anyway, maybe the Fifa should "educate" them. :roll:

Probably you watch a different Italian league than the one I watch

Sorry but that has got to be the dumbest nickname for a team ever. Reason alone not to like them. That and the feact that their countrymen are the whinyest bunch of fans to grace the Earth. "The Ref and the Italian Dive queens screwed us boo-hoo" /end of rant

a) its a joke
b) in aus we normally play hard physical sports like AFL and Rugby so when people take dives we think its lame cause they are softer than school girls
c) im not bitter at all

-- Ez