Official WRC thread

Sorry for double posting, but according to MTV3 Subaru has now officially announced their withdrawal from WRC.

This is the worst news ever. Petter Solberg is my favorite driver and Subaru is my favorite team :-(

This sport is really as good a dead.

Fuck. I really didn't think that would happen, just a silly rumour in the wake of Suzuki.

Solberg and Atko out of a drive.

I just wonder if Prodrive can still run those cars for 2009 without factory support. They have the expertise to do it, and it might be a way to keep the name alive at least until the climate calms down and Subaru is ready to return.

I just wonder if Prodrive can still run those cars for 2009 without factory support. They have the expertise to do it, and it might be a way to keep the name alive at least until the climate calms down and Subaru is ready to return.

I doubt anyone would be stopping them but I don't see the point of them running the cars at their own expense. If they were to find a sponsor to pay for the whole deal then they might but they most certainly are not going to do it out of their own pocket.

Well it's damn obvious that they need a sponsor. So I guess that they're chasing one at this very moment, and if they manage to find one, then we might still have the new-ish Imprezas running in the WRC in '09.

Did you know that only 3 drivers in the WRC are paid by the Manufacturers? Petter Solberg, Mikko and Loeb.

What ate Atkinson and Solberg going to do now?

OK so they may aswell cancel rallying alltogether now :(

I'm now trying to imagine how the rally scene will be with only two manufacturers. I mean, a whole year with only seeing Ford and Citroen? It will be really empty.

I would pull out of championship in the case of Citroen, a 2009 win would look more like a disgrace than an achievement.

Ford will stay I guess and try to get a worthless win.

Also, I just saw this:

On his Facebook page, Solberg has simply said: ?I?ll be back!?

His comments will be music to the ears of his thousands of fans, who will be hoping that the Norwegian finds a drive in next year?s WRC.

The 2003 World Champion hasn?t won a WRC round since 2005, and is known to have been unhappy with the most recent Imprezas.

Whether this means he could appear in a different brand of car in 2009 remains to be seen.

WRC without Subaru? I hope they return to the sport in the near-ish future.

What. The. Fuck.

This is getting worse with every freakin thread I open...all I can say is I hope Prodrive use the money they save now on buying Honda F1.

But still, WRC without Subaru? Hell no.

With no Subie there is no WRC, and with no WRC there is no Subie. Its terrible that a company that based its whole reputation and R&D on a sport are leaving it. With no WRC what is going to make the impreza special especially now that its had its redesign. It seems like a slap to the face to all its fans over the years, and to everyone who owns a Subi based on their love for the WRC. Its Ironic that the one brand that sticks to 4x4 is leaving the sport that is so clearly trailered towards it (well until the rules change). :cry:

Something positive in for a change...

Adapta have confirmed that they are continuing with their plans to field at least one Subaru Impreza for Mads ?stberg in 10 events next year, possibly all 12. And since their plan has been to run two cars, it's a norwegian team and they run Subarus it doesn't take a psychic to guess that Petter Solberg just might end up in the second Adapta-entered Impreza.

Here's hoping all of the drivers who have lost their seats in the last few days will find something to drive in 2009.

i love subaru but they havent been doing well lately this could be good because the format is changing soon anyway might as well cut loose from a doomed class now and concenrate on s 2000 and making a competitive platform for a good comeback