Official WRC thread

I had no time to follow Rally Argentina at all, but I've since caught up with what happened. All I can say is, to say I feel completely gutted for Dani Sordo is a vast understatement. If anyone deserved a podium finish it was him: no mistakes, plenty of speed and nothing to show for it after surviving all those marathon stages. :cry: It only goes to show just how unfair Rally 2 is. Others get to fight back into the points while Sordo fell short of the Power Stage thanks to a broken alternator (?) belt and gets nothing. BALLS! On the other hand, with the way these stupid Fiestas seem to fall apart, without Rally 2 we'd only have about 3-4 WRC cars left completing by, say, the end of Leg 2. EVEN MORE BALLS! :wall:

Targa Florio claims another victim as co-driver Gareth Roberts died today in the IRC. Apparently the accident was very similar to Kubica's, a guardrail penetrated the car but unfortunately Roberts wasn't as lucky as Kubica was. Driver Craig Breen escaped uninjured. The rest of the stages have been cancelled.

RIP.

I've caught up again. Latvala needs to resolve his issues. Being the fastest isn't an advantage when you keep falling off the road.

Still no love for WRC? Ouninpohja (THAT legendary stage) is about to start. Ken Block retired already. He was doing really well, though.

Somewhat disappointing first rally. On the one hand the conditions were nice (from a television spectator point of view), but on the other hand the competition was somewhat lacking. Sure, I can understand that Ogier and VW were not aiming to beat Loeb in their first event, but doesn't it somewhat devalue the championship title? Loeb commented on the nice scenery, and seemed to enjoy the lack of pressure to win. And won anyway, pretty much humiliating everyone else. By the end of the year (if this first rally is anything to go by), the second best driver will become world rally champion. I don't like it.

we'll see, with loeb not driving rallies and switching to circuit racing, his rally skills might get a bit rusty during the year. I know highly unlikely but still. meanwhile Ogier and VW probably still have room for improvment, also Latvala and Hirvonen need to get adjusted to their new cars.

personaly im just satisfied with seeing more then 2 diffrent cars on the road competing for the podiums. This hasnt happened since 08.

Last edited:
By the end of the year (if this first rally is anything to go by), the second best driver will become world rally champion. I don't like it.

So who would you put in #1?
Are you considering Ogier is faster?

Just asking.

What I meant was that Loeb is still clearly the best rally driver atm, but won't compete for the whole season. Therefore, someone else will get the title, somewhat unwarranted.

Bloody brillant NORF!!!!!

Monte was brilliant. A classic!

Yay, WRC+. I can pay a little bit legitimately watch the full highlights online along with onboard cameras. I don't have to miss WRC any more!

WRCPlus.JPG

Oh bollocks.

[video=youtube;OsRe-oorHo8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsRe-oorHo8&feature=youtu.be[/video]

he may be a rally driver, but this probably still resulted in some brown spots!

worst of? i so want one.

A great start for Ogier, but we expected nothing less.

I'm finally in a position to watch the entire season this year without giving up half way through, thanks to WRC+ being available in this country. Well with what equals out to be ?2.50 a month.

I've read complaints about Latvala collecting a spectator during his off and that he should drive so crazy but if spectators chose to stand on the outside of a corner then I think they're asking for trouble. The forest rallies I've been to in the last few years forbid standing right on the exit of a corner and that's with the protection of trees.