Official WRC thread

Congrats to Ogier, M-Sport and especially to Evans for the performance this weekend. Nice to hear the national anthem twice, not something I've heard in WRC for a long time, maybe not since Colin McRae.

Best season since forever, every manufacturer scored at least one win. If Toyota gets its act together, with the new driver shuffle, next year could be even better.

Last edited:
Best season since forever, every manufacturer scored at least one win. If Toyota gets its act together, with the new driver shuffle, next year could be even better.

Can't help but feel a bit sorry for H?nninen but yes next year should be really good. Ott has really grown up and should make a great addition to the team.

Neuville needs to stop breaking stuff but after Spain it may be more of an issue with the car rather than the driver.

Eh Haenninen. I have nothing agains't him, but he knows getting a full WRC entry at his age and in this economy he can be glad he got that. Toyota's development season is done and now needs either winners and/or serious point scorers, which Lappi, Latvala and Tanak are.

I'm more worried about M-Sport. It's almost sure Ogier is going to Citroen, so that leaves them with Evans, Ostberg and possible Breen. Tiedemant (WRC2) imho isn't fast enough, BRC and ERC don't have any talent ready for WRC either.

I'm more worried about M-Sport. It's almost sure Ogier is going to Citroen, so that leaves them with Evans, Ostberg and possible Breen. Tiedemant (WRC2) imho isn't fast enough, BRC and ERC don't have any talent ready for WRC either.

Suninen? I'm sure he'll be looking for a WRC drive and if Toyota are already full maybe he'll find a place with Malcolm.

Good job Ford, droping the money so Ogier stays in M-Sport. Christ, citroen is going to suffer. I just dont see loeb doing anything worthwhile. Maybe he'll help develop the car, but the 3 current drivers are just not consistant enough for any serious title contention.

One day left on a brilliant snowy Monte

What an exciting start to the season, so much going on. The snow and the ice both shook things up. Congrats to Ogier, Tanak and Latvala for their podium places, to Kris for his power stage win and commiserations to Evans and Lappi in particular for just missing out at the end. I'm looking forward to seeing better from Breen too. :)

So they might have too much snow in Sweden this weekend :D

Sweden was weeird. Toyota was nowhere, Ford the same, while Citroen and Hyundai were the cars to have. Jesus christ this is completly random and I love it!

Still waiting to hear if they'll keep him for next season. If not, I'm sure he'll get a ride somewhere. I feel bad for Kris, but almost worse for Paul.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/www.reactiongifs.com\/r\/dstfp.gif"}[/IMG2]

http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/june-...4--12-12-.html

It won't be the car breaker it used to be, and probably no need for the beloved snorkels, but still, it'll be nice to see the beautiful scenery and whatnot.

Last edited:
Great to see Meeke behind the wheel again and enjoying himself, always brilliant to see Loeb back in the WRC too. A real shame that Latvala was struggling compared to both of his teammates though and also that we won't be seeing Breen for a full season or maybe at all this year. :(

Seemed very odd seeing dry roads when there is so much snow around in Europe and compared to last year. I'll never forget the onboard pictures from Breen's car as he opened the first stage on Saturday last year with a fresh covering of snow (I just went back and watched it again just for the sake of it).

Are there online streams of races?

WRC+ All Live allows you to watch it all streamed online for a fee, it's a nice service but I don't know if it's available in the US. Otherwise if someone has a stream running of BT Sport 1 Extra it's now being shown on there.

Are there online streams of races?

you have time to sit in front of the screen you whole weekend?
that's my biggest problem with WRC...you can't just reserve 1 to 2 hours to watch the race, you have to give up your whole weekend for it

don't you guys have a life?