Official WRC thread

Great season, Hirvonen should make next year interesting. Though Gronholm will be missed.

Also look out for Latvala, he will replace Gronholm and is already very impressive.

^^^ you bet he is!!!!! Mikko might have won the event, and with probably his most impressive drive yet, but Latvala was the star. they mentioned that up until the last two stages, he had won 8 of the last 9 stages!!! He is insanely quick. Great drive from Matthew Wilson as well.

If the Focus improves over summer, and Mikko works hard, it looks like he will at least be a chance against Sebastien on gravel and snow which is something at least. Trouble is Loeb is simply unstoppable on tarmac to the point where you can basically give him 70 points next season for the 7 tarmac rounds.

Congrats to Loeb, although I am not a huge fan, I have to admit he is probably the greatest rally driver we have ever seen. Marcus will be very sadly missed though.

Bring on ROC!!!

Last edited:
YES!!!!!! Good news on both counts. Very glad to see Gardemeister back in the field, good news for Jari Matti as well.

It seems that this years Rally Monte Carlo is going to be 4 days long rather than 3 days wrong... Dunno why but it just is...

WRC.com said:
This year the rally has been extended to four days of competition. Of the six teams registered so far in the championship, only Munchi's Ford World Rally Team will be missing.

http://www.wrc.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=101&id=91&desc=49 for Monte

[edit]

Full Calender Seems to have a few unexplained 4-days-ers on it too. I thought at first that it might be because they have 1 SSS on the thursday night. But they just counted them as 3 days on last years calender... (* on all possible/confirmed 4 day events)

Rallye Automobile Monte Carlo
24 - 27/1/08*

Uddeholm Swedish Rally
8 - 10/2/08

Corona Rally Mexico
28/2 - 2/3/08* (leap year, possible overlook by the websites maintainer though)

Rally Argentina
27 - 30/3/08

Jordan Rally WRC
24 - 27/4/08*

Rally d'Italia Sardegna
16 - 18/5/08

BP Ultimate Acropolis Rally of Greece
29/5 - 1/6/08*

Rally of Turkey
13 - 15/6/08

Neste Oil Rally Finland
31/7 - 3/8/08*

ADAC Rallye Deutschland
15 - 17/8/08

Rally New Zealand
28 - 31/8/08*

Rallye de Espa?a
2 - 5/10/08*

Rallye de France - Tour de Corse
10 - 12/10/08

Rally Japan
24 - 26/10/08

Wales Rally GB
28 - 30/11/08

Last edited:
this year is going to be kickass. the young talents are on a high and with new events wish marcus stayed for one more season though.

I just saw an advert on TV. Apparently the WRC is gonna be aired on Dave in the uk.

Yep. They had an hour preview show last Sunday. The Monte Carlo Rally is on 6:00PM this Sunday. I'm gonna follow the WRC this season, never really gave it much of a look before.

WOOHOO!!!!! WRC begins today!!!!! About freaking time!!!! Go jari-matti.

I hope the new tire-rules won't take some of the action away...

Not anymore :p Sordo have had engine problem , and stopped on ss11 ... The biggest fight right now is between Subarus and Duval... Loeb is going to win this rally , and Mikko 'll be second ... If only Solberg could reach and pass Duval it would great news for Subaru , as they would take lead in manufacturers classification :p and that would be a big surprise , cause they are waiting for new car :p

Why do I read this thread before I've downloaded the race? :cry:

I've liked what I've seen thus far. Hopefully Subaru's next car will do better than the current one.

I still miss Gronholm, but Lartvala and Hirvonen have a lot of potential, hopefully they will make things difficult for Loeb.

that was all abit boring really

loeb could of booked a holiday, taken it, come back and still won the rally with time to take it easy. dave's handling of the WRC program isnt very good either.

i hope this isnt a sign of things to come. we really dont need WRC to become a procession like in the schumacher days of F1 where he just turned up and won everything.

Well, I support Loeb but I have to say I'd like it to be a bit more interesting...
But this was the Monte (= tarmac, a surface on which Loeb has rarely been beaten) and we don't know what Latvala could have done without problems.

One thing is sure, Gr?nholm is already missed...

yeah he is

seriously though, the citroens literally just walked off from stage one leaving everyone lagging behind.

i know you're a loeb fan, but i hope this year that he has a little bad luck. the guy seems to never have anything bad happen to him. you are right though..... he is untouchable on tarmac, he's just on a completely different level to everyone else.

yeah he is

seriously though, the citroens literally just walked off from stage one leaving everyone lagging behind.

i know you're a loeb fan, but i hope this year that he has a little bad luck. the guy seems to never have anything bad happen to him. you are right though..... he is untouchable on tarmac, he's just on a completely different level to everyone else.

Loeb should go to WTCC, DTM or LMS/ALMS after retiring from the WRC. He actually raced at Le Mans for Pescarolo in 2005 or 2006.

i know you're a loeb fan, but i hope this year that he has a little bad luck.

Yeah I understand this, I would hope for the same if I wasn't a Loeb fan. But I am :D