Official WRC thread

I doubt Loeb will have it easy on the non-tarmac stages. I suspect Hirvonen will win Sweden.

Im not too fond of the coverage on DAVE, seemed to be more chatting that driving. I think i may watch it on Eurosport.

I think the coverage on DAVE is geared towards being a "behind the scenes" view rather than covering the actual rallying. There is certainly a bias towards Wilson though - how many times was he interviewed?

I didn't read any of this thread so I don't know if the answer lies deep within it. If it does, hopefully one of you won't mind reiterating it.

For those of us in the US, there is no TV coverage anymore for WRC (Speeds coverage sucked before they dropped it anyhow) but, where is the best place I can get it? Download via torrent? Or is there something better?

I am not sure what the forum policy is, so I sent a PM with a link to the http site I grab them from.

if you search the FTP's thread in the video offers section then you will find what you want. 95's ftp has all of 06 and 07 WRC on

Well very entertaining viewing. Love love love love love the Monte. I am becoming more and more of a Loeb fan. He may be the greatest driver (in respect to respective disciplines) motorsport has ever seen. Lets not kid ourselves, Atkinson, Hirvonen and co aren't exactly slow. And he won the rally by 2 minutes at a canter. Notice everytime anyone else won a stage (only Sordo or Atkinson) Loeb immediately won the following stage. That is pure dominance. Fantastic drive by Atkinson. Fully deserved 3rd place.

What has happened to Petter Solberg?? I know he doesn't like the Monte but Atkinson simply blew him away! FANTASTIC to see Gigi Galli back for a full season. The man is fearsomely quick. Shame that Latvala had problems, look for him and Mikko in Sweden though. PG-Andersson also did very well in the 'Zuki. Looking forward to seeing Gardemeister later in the season. Hopefully they get some reliability.

and finally....WRC IS BACK!!!!!!!!!! WOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!

I loved going to the welsh rally this year, but what I don't understand is why they don't have spectator areas near the finish line.

Daves coverage wasnt too bad. But they have these 'access all areas' programs on every week there isnt a rally... they should leave the behind the scenes stuff for those programs... I just want to see the action...

Anyway, whats with the nets between the driver and co-driver (subaru and suzuki)... that would just be a pain in the ass, for instance if Phill Mills needs to screw Petters steering wheel back on at 60mph ;) [http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3-lQ8ZSWCIo]

Last edited:
Anyway, whats with the nets between the driver and co-driver (subaru and suzuki)... that would just be a pain in the ass, for instance if Phill Mills needs to screw Petters steering wheel back on at 60mph ;) [http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3-lQ8ZSWCIo]

It's for safety. In general FIA is working to increase safety in sideways impacts and the nets are there to prevent occupans from being thrown to each other's lap. I also think Gigi Galli's codrivers don't mind about the net...

Mind you, I'd like to see both occupants leaving the car in a hurry when it is on it's side in a ditch on fire and the net in place...

Hmm, the nets are a voluntary thing at the moment since not all the teams have them (at least from what i saw)...

wrc.com said:
The safety nets, still under development with the teams

And yes, Giovanni will be pleased.

I have the Eurosport channel but it says I've got to pay:( Does anyone find it weird that Nicole Smith always says "Only, on Dave" everytime?

Not long ago i was unhappy with itvs f1 coverage as it became the Lewis Hamilton show but it is no where as bad as the biased coverage on Dave, at least itv had a lot of action. The story bout Loebs car being inpounded is intresting but itll definetly be released in a day or two, no big problem except for the truck drivers

:lmao: Apperantly the news about the 2 truckdrivers had nothing to do with the Citro?n WRC team.. They have safely arrived with their cars in Sweden as planned!

Wow. Loeb retires from Leg 1 after rolling the car. :(

Anyway, nobody can be lucky all the time.

Shit shit shit, I broke my own rule!!!!

I thought there won't be any spoilers just yet!! Argh as spoilers go thats quite a big one. He will be superallying no doubt so could still get some points, he will have to drive like the wind though.

Great to see Gigi Galli up there fighting for podium positions, its such a shame he can't get a factory ride, at least he will drive the full season this year! There needs to be an italian up there, I miss the days of Miki Biasion.. :(

Just to remind people of the awsomeness of gigi galli...:D

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH-hEGEXih8[/YOUTUBE]

I can not believe that Americans prefer NASCAR (nothing wrong with it really, but. ...) to WRC - it's insane!
Nice vid avanti.