Official WRC thread

Yes can't say I support that decision. Will probably wreak havoc at the Acropolis as well. Became too much of a factor in results especially for Mikko and Henning.

Fairly entertaining rally, although a straight fight between Loeb and Latvala would have been brilliant. Jari-Matti is just sooooo fast. Great to see Seb pushed to the limit for a change. Not a huge fan of Mexico though, 200hp WRCars just don't excite me.

Not a huge fan of Mexico though, 200hp WRCars just don't excite me.

I like Mexico, anything can happen on the rough tracts. I do agree more power is generally more fun. I'd like a return to the old days, now that spectators are no longer crowding up the roads.

4_rs200evo_2405.jpg

Mid-year. I wouldn't be surprised if they wait until after the summer break which means it will debut in Finland I believe. Could be a good thing. Markko Martin is doing the development work.

For anyone who has to put up with the "Dave" coverage, don't you just wish they would show a proper driver's seat view and not talk over the action? Instead we get a load of talking and a really obscure camera angle like the corner of the door window or somesuch nonsense.

For anyone who has to put up with the "Dave" coverage, don't you just wish they would show a proper driver's seat view and not talk over the action? Instead we get a load of talking and a really obscure camera angle like the corner of the door window or somesuch nonsense.

It seems the "Dave" ones are going the way of ITV F1 i.e, Supporting Matthew Wilson like ITV with Hamilton. I try to watch the Eurosport ones, more action, less talking and joke's.

Autosport.com said:
Subaru World Rally Team managing director Richard Taylor believes the manufacturer would quit the World Rally Championship if a two-wheel-drive future is enforced by the FIA.

Autosport magazine this week reports that the sport's governing body will consider whether to limit the main class of the WRC to two-wheel-drive cars from 2010.

A decision is expected at the next meeting of the World Motorsport Council on March 26, and Taylor thinks Subaru would walk away from the WRC if they couldn't field their four-wheel-drive cars.

"Subaru's market is four-wheel-drive," he told Autosport. "If this change came it could be the trigger for Subaru to pull out, they wouldn't be remotely interested in it."

The other manufacturers, and the WRC Commission, have already agreed that a four-wheel-drive Super 2000-plus specification would be the best way forward, but FIA president Max Mosley is rumoured to prefer the idea of a two-wheel-drive future.

An FIA source told Autosport: "Two-wheel-drive cars with 1600cc or 1800cc turbocharged engines remain an option. Mr Mosley has been very clear on what he wants from the future regulations. He wants the cars to be slower, safer, cheaper, and more spectacular.

"Two-wheel-drive cars would certainly corner slower, so would be safer. It's safe to say two-wheel-drive would tick all the boxes Mr Mosley has asked to be ticked."

Mosley was unavailable for comment, but WRC Commission president Morrie Chandler admitted the idea was being discussed.

"At the end of the day, if the World Council doesn't want what we've put forward, then it would be possible for them to go for two-wheel-drive."

But Chandler would prefer a stipulation of rear-wheel-drive if the two-wheel-drive plan went ahead.

"Front-wheel-drive is totally unspectacular," he said. "People would love to see rear-wheel-drive rally cars with their tales sliding. That would be lots of fun, but it wouldn't represent the market.

"I don't think the manufacturers spending around 50 million euros would be impressed to find that they have to use a car that can't be bought by the man on the street."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/65678

Seems Mosley is on a run to ruin all motor sports :(

The racist twat needs to die in a fire.

The racist twat needs to die in a fire.

He is a racist? I must admit I don't pay attention to the politics of motorsports.

He is a racist? I must admit I don't pay attention to the politics of motorsports.

He's the son of Oswald Mosely, the founder of the British Union of Fascists. Max did a lot of campaigning for them when he was younger.

Mosley needs to be run over by a F1 car, revived, healed, then run over by a Group C car, and cycle that changing cars, using the WRC Citroen, Scoob, Ford, all the WTCC field, the Audi R10, Peugeot 908, Porsche RS Spyder and Aston Martin DBR9; all of these must run over him until he's nothing more than a flat pancake. Then he can be burned and then shoved into an engine which has explosives strapped to it.

Mosley needs to be run over by a F1 car, revived, healed, then run over by a Group C car, and cycle that changing cars, using the WRC Citroen, Scoob, Ford, all the WTCC field, the Audi R10, Peugeot 908, Porsche RS Spyder and Aston Martin DBR9; all of these must run over him until he's nothing more than a flat pancake. Then he can be burned and then shoved into an engine which has explosives strapped to it.

shoved into a jet engine after all that is more spectacular, at least we won't really see his "remains" afterwards... but make sure he's still alive when we shove him into an engine~

It seems the "Dave" ones are going the way of ITV F1 i.e, Supporting Matthew Wilson like ITV with Hamilton. I try to watch the Eurosport ones, more action, less talking and joke's.

I am not prepared to pay for Eurosport.

JCTK said:
shoved into a jet engine after all that is more spectacular, at least we won't really see his "remains" afterwards... but make sure he's still alive when we shove him into an engine~

Maybe he should be made into bio fuel for an A.W.D. 500 horse power W.R.C. car:mrgreen:

I just finished watching this weekend's rally. Wow what a disaster for Ford; perhaps they shouldn't have installed those rock magnets after all. :p

WHAT THE HELL!!!! It seems WRC Argentina was on on the weekend. I have heard NOTHING about this in the lead up. I have been checking rally-live regularly and its all about bloody IRC. Thankfully I only know the winner so hasn't been totally spoiled.

Looking forward to watching it.

So sad to see Peter Solberg retire from 3rd. Henning was hilarious when his suspension broke the 2nd time, good to see drivers have a sense of humor.

So sad to see Peter Solberg retire from 3rd. Henning was hilarious when his suspension broke the 2nd time, good to see drivers have a sense of humor.

yup, really bad luck for the Solberg brothers : (

I was so furious when the impreza broke down that i chuck the remote at my TV. Seriously... Petter deserves a much better car.